The Crew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hello World.
We should get the realism in our rp straight EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:06 pm by DIABLO258

» God damn, 10 whole years.
We should get the realism in our rp straight EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:02 pm by DIABLO258

» Citizen, Apply.
We should get the realism in our rp straight EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 1:52 am by DIABLO258

» These LONG years.
We should get the realism in our rp straight EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 12:44 am by DIABLO258

» You know what?
We should get the realism in our rp straight EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 3:39 am by Cergis

» I won't leave you
We should get the realism in our rp straight EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 5:03 pm by Lt.FallenAngel

» reminiscing of old times
We should get the realism in our rp straight EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 12:22 am by Gremnkai

» I wonder if
We should get the realism in our rp straight EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 9:58 pm by Gremnkai

» Good Memories.
We should get the realism in our rp straight EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 2:04 pm by General Bravo

» can't actually reply to anything
We should get the realism in our rp straight EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 6:46 pm by Moose_hater

We should get the realism in our rp straight

4 posters

Go down

We should get the realism in our rp straight Empty We should get the realism in our rp straight

Post  Jaquecz Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:14 pm

What i mean by that is what the fuck the guns do at X range, for example, i was surfing the internets, and managed to find out that a 9mm round can and will go through your body at under 25yards, bones are not. I've seen people treat a 9mm wound like its a lower caliber than the 22. Also when it comes to shotguns, wouldn't you have to pump it for another shot? while the other guy across from you only has to pull the trigger.
I think we should get the facts straight on this server so that we don't have arguements between people who are total gun nerds and people who don't even know that much about guns other than what they played on CAWADOODY
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

We should get the realism in our rp straight Empty Re: We should get the realism in our rp straight

Post  General Bravo Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:34 pm

I mean, there's only so much realism you can have in HL2RP. Gordon Freeman and the rebels all take an assload of shots to die. The rebels don't even show pain until they're close to death. And while we want our realism, keep in mind the question you're asked when you first join. This ain't set in real life. Having everything be 100% real shouldn't be the goal. That bein said, we can't have it degenerate into Cock of Dicky.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

We should get the realism in our rp straight Empty Re: We should get the realism in our rp straight

Post  Magnum Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:52 pm

Accually, please take note of HL2's gun physics

Shotgun soldiers dont even pump the shotgun

EVER

And technically a 9mm by hl2 standards is basically a .22

We need to get other realisms straight, like rebels not being trained as well as 03+
Magnum
Magnum

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:07 pm

9mms aren't .22s in Half Life 2. NPC 9mms are airsoft guns. Freeman's is the only one firing actual bullets. And then the 03+ in game are better at S2M than any of us can ever hope to be.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:06 pm

Bullets are bullets. Regardless of how powerful the 9mm is, it kills people in the game and in real life. Any bullet fired by a 9mm will pierce the skin and possibly a bone. It would enter and exit through and arm, or leg. It would puncture but not exit if its a direct chest shot.

It would enter and exit through the head.
As for the shotgun, Freeman only cocks it once he has added more slugs. So, its more of a one time deal.

I guess the point is, a bullet fucking hurts and would definetly break your skin and bone if shot at the right place.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

https://thecrew.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:14 am

I would say make it so it takes all of one hit to put you down, to satisfy all you diehard realism desirers, but then all combatRP would descend into a mess of "Who Do the Roll Gods Favor First." But then we can't have people standing there tanking shots like they're the Heavy in TF2.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:19 am

UnitBravo342 wrote:I would say make it so it takes all of one hit to put you down, to satisfy all you diehard realism desirers, but then all combatRP would descend into a mess of "Who Do the Roll Gods Favor First." But then we can't have people standing there tanking shots like they're the Heavy in TF2.
We could just make a no insta kill /me's rule. For an IC reason we could say, nobody really wants to take a life ic'ly, no matter how many people you've killed and how much of a hardass you think your char is. Basically you would have to disable the other guy's character to the point where you can just Power game the rest of it. Like kneecapping his ass so he's in pain nor can move, and tying him up. And yeah, everyone seems to tank shots like their heavy from TF2 Or Mr "Motherfucking" Freeman with a hazard suit on. Also for the OWS's, Are they pretty much spartans from H4L0 and can tank shots like heavy? if so, then i vote to fuck that and make them heavily armored and highly trained badasses instead. With roids.
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:24 am

Yes, OTA can tank shots, but that's the point. Take that away, and they won't be nearly as scary.

And save for like, Nexus executions, every other kill I've seen has a whole process of fighting and struggling to supremacy before the final kill. That works fine, no need to change it. The most people can maybe argue is that their position was meta'd or something, but that's usually a desperate last attempt to evade a PK.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:30 am

UnitBravo342 wrote:Yes, OTA can tank shots, but that's the point. Take that away, and they won't be nearly as scary.

And save for like, Nexus executions, every other kill I've seen has a whole process of fighting and struggling to supremacy before the final kill. That works fine, no need to change it. The most people can maybe argue is that their position was meta'd or something, but that's usually a desperate last attempt to evade a PK.
I meant making it so OTA cant tank as MANY shots, and that would only go for regular OWS's. Tbh they seem overly OP, lupus decribed OWS to me as a soldier that can throw cars and break through walls. Also surviving mini frag grenade eckshploshunz.
OTA shouldn't be unstoppable, but yeah they defintely should be able to tank shots, just not so much that its really friggin ridiculous, OWS are these highly trained Heavily armored guys that have tactics and firepower the rebels don't have. Now if i were to try and explain it would look like this: OHLOOKTACTICSANDSHITNOTLOTSOFARMUR DERP DERP DERP, since i suck at explaining shit. But i'm hoping you got what im trying to get at.
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down