Latest topics
» You know what?
Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:56 pm by DIABLO258

» I won't leave you
Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:33 am by Trippy

» I wonder if
Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:58 pm by Gremnkai

» Good Memories.
Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:04 pm by General Bravo

» can't actually reply to anything
Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:46 pm by Moose_hater

» Not being able to reply - Fixed
Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:51 am by DIABLO258

» assdasdgfadgf
Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:07 am by Gremnkai

» Gotta shitpost to get to 1004 posts
Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:06 am by Gremnkai

» I'm in love wit a coco (Trippy <3)
Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:02 am by Gremnkai

» For anyone who still happens to visit here from time to time
Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:21 pm by DIABLO258


Ammount of PK Complaints.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Agree or no?

58% 58% 
[ 7 ]
25% 25% 
[ 3 ]
17% 17% 
[ 2 ]
 
Total Votes : 12

Ammount of PK Complaints.

Post  Precinct Helghast on Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:43 pm

Im starting to get annoyed with all of these complaints because most cause flame and sometimes you just gotta let go instead of bringing everyone down with you I know its hard loosing chars but you just have to go with it.

____________________
Characters
CCA - CCA-C8-CORE-EPU.80465 - Getting pissed off with his limits and refugees deciding to show up behind him to get shot then escape, hunting a certain refugee.

TRANSHUMAN ARM - OTA-BLADE-DMR.23811 - Watching, everything.

CITIZEN - Rick Harvard - Back in his old home, C18, hiring for the CETA Cafe.

BIOTIC - Xel'Tul - Freed by The Cameron, working with him to fortify their base.
avatar
Precinct Helghast
Obsidian Donator

Posts : 271
Join date : 2012-09-29
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Yeppers

Post  Jaquecz on Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:44 am

Yeah, honestly when i lost mark i was thinking of calling bs and making a forum post about getting him back, and because of the way i entered the sweep that killed him, I'm fairly sure i could've gotten him back. But really that would've created drama most likely and tbh i was kind of getting sick of mark.
Although i got to see Kelly's purple panties >Very Happy
avatar
Jaquecz

Posts : 493
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 20
Location : CANADA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ammount of PK Complaints.

Post  Precinct Helghast on Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:46 am

Meleepayne wrote:Yeah, honestly when i lost mark i was thinking of calling bs and making a forum post about getting him back, and because of the way i entered the sweep that killed him, I'm fairly sure i could've gotten him back. But really that would've created drama most likely and tbh i was kind of getting sick of mark.
Although i got to see Kelly's purple panties >Very Happy

#Purple Panties

____________________
Characters
CCA - CCA-C8-CORE-EPU.80465 - Getting pissed off with his limits and refugees deciding to show up behind him to get shot then escape, hunting a certain refugee.

TRANSHUMAN ARM - OTA-BLADE-DMR.23811 - Watching, everything.

CITIZEN - Rick Harvard - Back in his old home, C18, hiring for the CETA Cafe.

BIOTIC - Xel'Tul - Freed by The Cameron, working with him to fortify their base.
avatar
Precinct Helghast
Obsidian Donator

Posts : 271
Join date : 2012-09-29
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ammount of PK Complaints.

Post  //DarkPossum\\ on Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:48 am

To be honest my char 62190 got killed and I didn't complain all over the forums about it, I just went with it.

____________________


avatar
//DarkPossum\\
Admin

Posts : 485
Join date : 2013-02-07
Age : 18
Location : BC, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ammount of PK Complaints.

Post  Moose_hater on Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:50 am

Usually its not the CCA getting killed, its the well developed, oh-so-sweet, intelligent, charming, rebels. If they dont get killed right, then they make a forum post about it. (RYAN REEVES) I made a forum post about mine because I was lol teleported and not teleported back, after I had been RDM'd.

Moose_hater

Posts : 265
Join date : 2012-09-04
Location : Tennessee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Ok, guys common.

Post  Trippy on Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:56 am

OK, guys. Really if someone is to feel there death was bullshit, like Greek or Austin. Man i just lost Kelly due to my own stupid reason she was one year old ooc. How do you think I felt i fucked up ic and lost her due to G-Man, but really if you feel your death was bullshit. Come and tell others post it and make a vote, I say its perfectly fine if you feel you were cheated.

____________________
God, I used to be a fucking edgy little shit.
avatar
Trippy
Respected

Posts : 188
Join date : 2012-08-20
Age : 22
Location : Indiana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ammount of PK Complaints.

Post  //DarkPossum\\ on Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:09 pm

'Lupus' wrote:OK, guys. Really if someone is to feel there death was bullshit, like Greek or Austin. Man i just lost Kelly due to my own stupid reason she was one year old ooc. How do you think I felt i fucked up ic and lost her due to G-Man, but really if you feel your death was bullshit. Come and tell others post it and make a vote, I say its perfectly fine if you feel you were cheated.

Okay I have already voted on the poll but you have a good point here and I wish I could change my vote.

____________________


avatar
//DarkPossum\\
Admin

Posts : 485
Join date : 2013-02-07
Age : 18
Location : BC, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ammount of PK Complaints.

Post  DIABLO258 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:39 pm

What people need to understand is that you are not in control of your characters story when you interact with other players. You think that its all gonna be okay, and that you can manipulate anything that happens around you so that you stay safe, you are wrong. If the CCA want you dead, you are dead. If you are in the wrong place at the wrong time, its best to understand that the only way out is death, so you might as well go out like a bad ass.

I personally haven't had any of my characters have real deaths. And I can tell you for sure that it is not the way you want to go. Its like living past the age of 100. You are kind of just sitting there wishing you'de die because you are so old and so over played that you just don't want to get up. My characters are so old to me, and so over due their death periods that I know have to plan their deaths because they are so out of the loop. No one knows who Joe Partell really is, because I never get to play him. So I adjusted his story to be a out of his mind character who hides in corners and doesnt talk a lot. Apex is a man who has reached breaking point and has become pure evil, even to some of his Units. He is mad.

Now to people who knew the Apex when he was Enlisted, he was a very very friendly Unit. The most loved in fact. Who would kill that? So I changed him, he is evil. He hurts people. He changed to what everyone wanted him to stay away from. And I love my characters, their stories are my favorite. But they have to die. They need to. A story is never complete without an ending. And the only way to leave TheCrew's story, is to die.

--

And if you think that when your character dies, that you are at fault and you deserve to have that character back, well take a look at the people before you. I always love to use Jared as an example. Jared was once the leader of the Rebel faction. So well known, he had books written of him. So powerful, I am pretty sure he traveled into a different dimension at one point (which is so far off cannon don't get me started). But Jared was almost a year old, I think. I'm not entirely sure, but he was very old and very respected. He died. How? He was decapitated in public, in the plaza, in front of citizens, executed personally by the SeC (at the time D-Lop).

So, if you think your death wasn't right. Or it wasn't what you had planned. Think of Jared. He had a lot of plans for that character, but instead the CCA wanted him dead, so they pulled his head off in front of everyone. Jmannon00b1, who played as Jared, left TC. Mainly because of this.

I guess my point is, do not try and control your death. Expect it. At any time. Keep your characters safe. Do not do anything drastic if you want to stay alive. And trust no one. The more people you interact with, the more Drama you will get into. Meaning, the more they will want to kill you, or the more CCA will notice. But, this is all up to you, that's the beauty of it.




Oh and if you FearRP correctly, you are most likely to live longer.

____________________
Always watching.

IC Characters:
CCA-C45-APEX.88052/John Partell - MISSING
Joe Partell - DEAD
Lok'Tar - ALIVE
Harold Kert - DEAD
Dexter Surbs - ALIVE
The G-Man - UNKNOWN


Owner of The Crew.
avatar
DIABLO258
Owner

Posts : 1010
Join date : 2012-07-21
Age : 21
Location : Minnesota

View user profile http://thecrew.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Ammount of PK Complaints.

Post  Noobstrike on Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:24 pm

Well seeing as almost absolutely no one died in downfall yesterday...
And they probably cleaned up 1000 pounds of debree in the slums of magically already...

Makes me wonder.
What if we just sped up the whole process.
Make it easier to die. You can be p'ked from an S2M fight or a well thrown grenade. or you can die from just not getting medRP after injury.
make it much easier to die- yet make it easier to become a refugee again.
With the amount of people dieing rebel leaders would want more people, who would in turn die soon anyway. And it's just a cycle. Same goes for OTA, just no PK's. Easier to die tho. Then with the constant stream of death, there'd be less supplies, harder on new rebels. And with the potential of dieing so easy, maybe people would just stay in the plaza for once.

Now high placed old chars like Erica, Phantom, Nick, and on the opposite end SeC,APEX,CmD, DvL's wouldn't die so easily, as they are much harder to "Replace." + they have training/experience/augs/kevlar/stuff to survive.

But maybe we make a cycle for the foot soldier grunts for the people dieing to get in the tunnels, and then they relise something about being a grunt rebel.

*Scout Voice*

This sucks!

____________________
Dubwub is gey.
Hipsters are gey.
Emos are gey.
Attention Whores are gey.
Swag is gey.
Yolo is gey.
#SWAQYOLFKONY2013 is not gey.
RK

avatar
Noobstrike
Super Admin

Posts : 628
Join date : 2012-08-20
Age : 19
Location : In a size 8976394379209 shoebox.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ammount of PK Complaints.

Post  Moose_hater on Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:28 pm

Noobstrike wrote:Well seeing as almost absolutely no one died in downfall yesterday...
And they probably cleaned up 1000 pounds of debree in the slums of magically already...

Makes me wonder.
What if we just sped up the whole process.
Make it easier to die. You can be p'ked from an S2M fight or a well thrown grenade. or you can die from just not getting medRP after injury.
make it much easier to die- yet make it easier to become a refugee again.
With the amount of people dieing rebel leaders would want more people, who would in turn die soon anyway. And it's just a cycle. Same goes for OTA, just no PK's. Easier to die tho. Then with the constant stream of death, there'd be less supplies, harder on new rebels. And with the potential of dieing so easy, maybe people would just stay in the plaza for once.

Now high placed old chars like Erica, Phantom, Nick, and on the opposite end SeC,APEX,CmD, DvL's wouldn't die so easily, as they are much harder to "Replace." + they have training/experience/augs/kevlar/stuff to survive.

But maybe we make a cycle for the foot soldier grunts for the people dieing to get in the tunnels, and then they relise something about being a grunt rebel.

*Scout Voice*

This sucks!
No, I'd rather have a good developed character in the slums, then a citizen who got refugee in 2 minutes. I don't really agree with anything you just said.

Moose_hater

Posts : 265
Join date : 2012-09-04
Location : Tennessee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ammount of PK Complaints.

Post  DIABLO258 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:33 pm

I have thought about making it a Team Death match sort of thing. If the CCA are going to do a raid, the Rebels and CCA enter into a Team Death match game mode, where when the first shot is heard, you can aim how ever you'de like without Rolls.

Now this is why I removed the cross hair, because it would make TDM a lot harder, because your accuracy goes down.

But if this were to happen, it would mean Higher ups, CmD+ do not go into battle nearly as often. They can die from a head shot like anyone else. So DvL's would go in with their Units and fight.

This would also mean that some people would get carried away. Like if one CCA meats one Rebel, the CCA would kill him instantly and call Team Death match. Which wouldnt work, you would still Roll for one on ones, or two on two's. But large scale battles could be TDM.

It would take some thought, but its possible.

____________________
Always watching.

IC Characters:
CCA-C45-APEX.88052/John Partell - MISSING
Joe Partell - DEAD
Lok'Tar - ALIVE
Harold Kert - DEAD
Dexter Surbs - ALIVE
The G-Man - UNKNOWN


Owner of The Crew.
avatar
DIABLO258
Owner

Posts : 1010
Join date : 2012-07-21
Age : 21
Location : Minnesota

View user profile http://thecrew.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Ammount of PK Complaints.

Post  General Bravo on Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:42 pm

Honestly, i find that to be a horrible idea. I anticipate mass PKs on both sides via headshots, explosives, and spammed flashbangs. And then no one will ever want to fight, knowing that is what would happen every engagement. That, and we'd have nothing but 06s and High Command after the first handful of fights like that.

Yes, something needs to be done about the excessive slums circlejerks. I thought Downfall would do it, but I was horribly wrong. Yes, some CCA need to realize that they aren't indestructible tanks. But turning engagements into Call of Duty, everyone deliberately trying to kill each other, with the "all deaths in D6 are permanent" clause, it would not go well.


Last edited by UnitBravo342 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

____________________
RP Characters:
Citizen:
Steven Davis-Alive-Citizen, in main district of City 18
Civil Protection:
CCA-C18-CmD.08292-Alive-Searching for APEX, hunting down the last surviving City 18 resistance members, and wiping out everyone who gets in his wayMuch has changed since days of old, but nothing changed what his mind holds.
Resistance:
Nick Bradford-Unknown-[STATUS UNKNOWN]


Former Supreme Military Commander of The Crew
Founder of The Event Horizon, that we may rise from the ashes.
avatar
General Bravo
Super Admin

Posts : 806
Join date : 2012-08-22
Age : 23
Location : Orbiting Earth on his Super Star Destroyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ammount of PK Complaints.

Post  DIABLO258 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:49 pm

And that is exactly where I reached problems. People would die to easily, and the motivation to develop a fully fleshed out character would be in vain due to how easy it is to die.

____________________
Always watching.

IC Characters:
CCA-C45-APEX.88052/John Partell - MISSING
Joe Partell - DEAD
Lok'Tar - ALIVE
Harold Kert - DEAD
Dexter Surbs - ALIVE
The G-Man - UNKNOWN


Owner of The Crew.
avatar
DIABLO258
Owner

Posts : 1010
Join date : 2012-07-21
Age : 21
Location : Minnesota

View user profile http://thecrew.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Ammount of PK Complaints.

Post  Noobstrike on Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:06 pm

But thing is in RP it IS easy to die.
In hl2, look at the rebels.
When they die by a hunter do you see them respawn and start argueing with it?
No.
Theres just 200 other footgrunts through the game who replace them.
Where do they come from?
IDFK.
But they are there, and there are alot of them, and alot of them, do die.

And moose, you can still develop a character.
But because you develop your invinceable?
Maybe. After like 1 year OOCLY of training, experimenting, and experience.

But why do none of the relativly unexperienced rebels ever die?

The life expectancy of a new rebel would be super short.
Outgunned.
Out trained.
Scared.
Outnumbered.

And with new people coming in and out, the rebels would have that someone organized militia feel it's supposed to.
Plus y'know.
FearRP.

____________________
Dubwub is gey.
Hipsters are gey.
Emos are gey.
Attention Whores are gey.
Swag is gey.
Yolo is gey.
#SWAQYOLFKONY2013 is not gey.
RK

avatar
Noobstrike
Super Admin

Posts : 628
Join date : 2012-08-20
Age : 19
Location : In a size 8976394379209 shoebox.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ammount of PK Complaints.

Post  Magnum on Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:24 pm

Everyone, i have a idea


WE COMPLETLY RESET ALL CHARACTERS

This usually works, we can remake dem and shitz
avatar
Magnum

Posts : 302
Join date : 2012-08-22
Age : 21
Location : Inside own phyche

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ammount of PK Complaints.

Post  DIABLO258 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:40 pm

Well I always thought Refugees should be unarmed. Like, for real. I don't know how all these Refugees get weapons, but they usually only have melee weapons. And if the CCA out number the Refugee or Rebel, they can PG. So, killing someone who has gone solo is easy. Its taking people out in large groups that is hard.

____________________
Always watching.

IC Characters:
CCA-C45-APEX.88052/John Partell - MISSING
Joe Partell - DEAD
Lok'Tar - ALIVE
Harold Kert - DEAD
Dexter Surbs - ALIVE
The G-Man - UNKNOWN


Owner of The Crew.
avatar
DIABLO258
Owner

Posts : 1010
Join date : 2012-07-21
Age : 21
Location : Minnesota

View user profile http://thecrew.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Ammount of PK Complaints.

Post  Magnum on Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:53 pm

DIABLO258 wrote:Well I always thought Refugees should be unarmed. Like, for real. I don't know how all these Refugees get weapons, but they usually only have melee weapons. And if the CCA out number the Refugee or Rebel, they can PG. So, killing someone who has gone solo is easy. Its taking people out in large groups that is hard.

Dis is true, my refugee only had a lead pipe/makeshift spear/survival knife and a pistol with no ammo
avatar
Magnum

Posts : 302
Join date : 2012-08-22
Age : 21
Location : Inside own phyche

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ammount of PK Complaints.

Post  Burnt Leaf on Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:23 pm

Hey, the only reason I am debating about Ryan Reeves is because at the point in time it was PGing and it was very fail. To me, it is up to Diablo and Diablo alone to decide whether or not the character should be dead. I have made my points on the post, and so has Chris. Melee, Brief, and whoever that other guy was that disagreed with me only said, "LOLNO HE IS DEAD." The point is, when I made that, I didn't want a poll. I wanted somebody to debate the idea and give an educated opinion arguing against all of my points. I don't want to have a group chat, as that gets us nowhere. I want yourself, Diablo, to decide on this.

____________________
IC Character status
Danokente Sithi - Alive - Still invisible. Somewhere
Sima Yi - Alive - Somewhere
Phil Brooks - Alive - Moping around and acting all pissed off.
X-Ray/Sano Sithi - Alive - Somewhere
Ryan Reeves - Dead - Failed his mission to find wealth and power by ransoming off Phantom to the CCA
CCA-CORE.02.20078 - Alive - Working on his marksmanship.
Kul'Vask'Kinori'Nuroudo - Alive - Cleaning windows.
Akio Yamamoto - Alive - Sweeping the Plaza streets.
Kenny King - Alive - Still being a minor background character.
avatar
Burnt Leaf
Respected

Posts : 332
Join date : 2012-08-21
Location : The microphone.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ammount of PK Complaints.

Post  Magnum on Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:52 pm

Burnt Leaf wrote:Hey, the only reason I am debating about Ryan Reeves is because at the point in time it was PGing and it was very fail. To me, it is up to Diablo and Diablo alone to decide whether or not the character should be dead. I have made my points on the post, and so has Chris. Melee, Brief, and whoever that other guy was that disagreed with me only said, "LOLNO HE IS DEAD." The point is, when I made that, I didn't want a poll. I wanted somebody to debate the idea and give an educated opinion arguing against all of my points. I don't want to have a group chat, as that gets us nowhere. I want yourself, Diablo, to decide on this.

Dis isnt the place for this, leafy, go talk to diablo
avatar
Magnum

Posts : 302
Join date : 2012-08-22
Age : 21
Location : Inside own phyche

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ammount of PK Complaints.

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum