The Crew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hello World.
Just an Idea(s). EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:06 pm by DIABLO258

» God damn, 10 whole years.
Just an Idea(s). EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:02 pm by DIABLO258

» Citizen, Apply.
Just an Idea(s). EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 1:52 am by DIABLO258

» These LONG years.
Just an Idea(s). EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 12:44 am by DIABLO258

» You know what?
Just an Idea(s). EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 3:39 am by Cergis

» I won't leave you
Just an Idea(s). EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 5:03 pm by Lt.FallenAngel

» reminiscing of old times
Just an Idea(s). EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 12:22 am by Gremnkai

» I wonder if
Just an Idea(s). EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 9:58 pm by Gremnkai

» Good Memories.
Just an Idea(s). EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 2:04 pm by General Bravo

» can't actually reply to anything
Just an Idea(s). EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 6:46 pm by Moose_hater

Just an Idea(s).

5 posters

Go down

Just an Idea(s). Empty Just an Idea(s).

Post  Unknown Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:43 am

Hey, lately I have been noticing that sometimes The Crew becomes a pretty empty server, and I have a few small ideas of how to fix this.

01. Username advertising. Okay now this may be the most simple idea but also quit a useful one. Often on servers you see that people that are very devoted to the server will add a part of the server name to there Steam name Eg. AGL DarkRp server tells there players to put =AGL= in front of there name, and Rgers tells there players to put [Rgers] In front of there name. So what I was thinking is that we could have a floating text just outside of the train station in game that says " If you really like the server put +TCrew+ in front of your Steam name " and by doing this it will attract more players and hopefully regulars like me because then if you go on another server and somebody sees your name they will think to them self "What dafuq is +TCrew+ and then hopefully ask you and then maybe play on the server.

02. Open arms. Now this is the most simple form of making visitors become regulars. Lets say a minge comes up to you and starts doing mingy stuff. Instead of just killing them then running to the train station and killing them until they disconnect we should try as hard as we can to explain to them how to play the game and if they don't want to play it then just to leave, instead of just killing the crap out of them. This may sound dumb because some people are all like "Ohh well I like killing minges" Well actually that sort of makes you a minge. And that is not the sort of attitude that people want to see when coming to the server.

03. Tell ur friends gurl. Now I was just thinking, well people have most likely already thought of this but! Try telling your friends about the server, because I think it would be fun to play on The Crew with some people that you know outside of that little plastic box with a glass panel you call a computer. Also I don't just mean real world friends just in case your not good at making those for some reason don't worry I wont judge you. But I was thinking maybe Diablo could make a page for The Crew on Facebook and we could all start calling in some more people. (because lets be honest some people have over 1000 Facebook friends)

Now these are just some ideas don't get mad at me and be all like "ur not an admin bitch *epic bitch slap* why yo making dis shit for us?" Because I actually think some of these are some pretty good points.

By the way what I mean by pretty empty server is that at 7:00 PM There is only 2-4 people and by 8:00 PM everybody is gone! (I am in BC Canada so... Time zones and that shit eh.)

So if you think any of these are cool get back to me I want to hear your honest feedback! Also if you like these I will make more... For a fee... No just kidding this is free lolz.

Edit: I think I should have put this in the suggestions room section.

Last edited by DarkPossum95 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Just an Idea(s). Empty Re: Just an Idea(s).

Post  Moose_hater Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:21 am

These all sound like good ideas, but step three for me has already been done, son. But username advertising sounds like a good idea, even though when I see that shit I usually ignore it. But yeah that's my opinion.
Moose_hater

Back to top Go down

Post  Unknown Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:36 am

Okay, I'm not gonna change my name until Diablo gives the okay on this though.
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Noobstrike Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:25 pm

Name tags.
Meh.
I love TC and would rip out my tounge and skip rope with it for the community, but I don't feel like looking like a swagfag COD player in every server I join.
"L33T_xX420YOLOSWAQQXx420_PrO"
No thanks.

Open arms.
Some people are just plain retarted. If they show a driving want to learn, admins will pick up on that. People who I like and I see obviously will be a good part of TC I help and hang around more. A decent heap of you new guys. One even made OP Very Happy

And a facebook page wouldn't be a bad idea. I gusse. I don't really think GARRYSMOD!!!! when I go on facebook...maybe some people do. Idfk. Maybe we turn it into one of those image spammers "Like if you luv jesus, ignore to b punished by devilz" just so people look at it.
Noobstrike
Noobstrike
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unknown Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:38 pm

Thanks Noobstrike, I hope Diablo sees this and thinks the same.
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Magnum Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:43 pm

Well, there was a guy begging to be Rp schooled, and he never got schooled
Magnum
Magnum

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:13 pm

Actualy, he did get RP schooled. I sent someone after him, and then he disconnected. Some people.

But let me go over this because all of these points are not to far from where I am currently placed within the thought range.

1. The name tag is actually optional. Some people had it once, some didn't. I don't mind, if you want a name tag, go for it. I'de ask that the display look like this [TC]. Just so we dont have 5 people with different tags. But I personally will not use a tag, I haven't since the first community I was in. This is not because I don't want to advertise, its because DIABLO258 is kind of a symbol to me. Its been my name since I was 7'ish and a tag makes me feel like my name is just advertisement space. When to me, my name is my insignia. I am DIABLO.

2. Open arms? That's what I am all about baby! Not once have I rejected someone for RP school, nor kicked someone without attempting. Some people are just cruel and want to minge, others not so much. But they are pretty rare around these parts.

3. I don't know if you know, but half of this community were friends of mine before TC came to life. Joe the SA is an IRL friend of mine. We go to school together, hang out on the weekends, and even RP in the server together when hanging out. I am all for you guys inviting friends, by all means. I am contemplating a new provider so we can handle more than 20 people without lag as well, so that will be nice.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

https://thecrew.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Unknown Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:26 am

DIABLO258 wrote:Actualy, he did get RP schooled. I sent someone after him, and then he disconnected. Some people.

But let me go over this because all of these points are not to far from where I am currently placed within the thought range.

1. The name tag is actually optional. Some people had it once, some didn't. I don't mind, if you want a name tag, go for it. I'de ask that the display look like this [TC]. Just so we dont have 5 people with different tags. But I personally will not use a tag, I haven't since the first community I was in. This is not because I don't want to advertise, its because DIABLO258 is kind of a symbol to me. Its been my name since I was 7'ish and a tag makes me feel like my name is just advertisement space. When to me, my name is my insignia. I am DIABLO.

2. Open arms? That's what I am all about baby! Not once have I rejected someone for RP school, nor kicked someone without attempting. Some people are just cruel and want to minge, others not so much. But they are pretty rare around these parts.

3. I don't know if you know, but half of this community were friends of mine before TC came to life. Joe the SA is an IRL friend of mine. We go to school together, hang out on the weekends, and even RP in the server together when hanging out. I am all for you guys inviting friends, by all means. I am contemplating a new provider so we can handle more than 20 people without lag as well, so that will be nice.

Okay thanks Diablo
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down