The Crew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hello World.
C45 Secret Buttons EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:06 pm by DIABLO258

» God damn, 10 whole years.
C45 Secret Buttons EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:02 pm by DIABLO258

» Citizen, Apply.
C45 Secret Buttons EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 1:52 am by DIABLO258

» These LONG years.
C45 Secret Buttons EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 12:44 am by DIABLO258

» You know what?
C45 Secret Buttons EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 3:39 am by Cergis

» I won't leave you
C45 Secret Buttons EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 5:03 pm by Lt.FallenAngel

» reminiscing of old times
C45 Secret Buttons EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 12:22 am by Gremnkai

» I wonder if
C45 Secret Buttons EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 9:58 pm by Gremnkai

» Good Memories.
C45 Secret Buttons EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 2:04 pm by General Bravo

» can't actually reply to anything
C45 Secret Buttons EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 6:46 pm by Moose_hater

C45 Secret Buttons

4 posters

Go down

C45 Secret Buttons Empty C45 Secret Buttons

Post  Moose_hater Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:45 am

Ok so me and @Masey were traveling around in the tunnels today and we found several hidden rooms, but the reason why I'm making this topic is because the buttons can ONLY be used by the CCA. So the only way your using them is if your with a rogue which is most likely stinger for me. I was wondering if it was possible to give the anti citizen class flags for the buttons if that was even possible or if I'm just a derp. It doesn't make sense to me that all the buttons in the slums would belong to the CCA. I understand that they can't use them because icly they have a password but you know if someone wants to get in a secret room that isn't a admin (Which is only like 3 people) I don't want to be asking admins all the time because they are busy enough usually. So please, if you could do that, that would be awesome and would add alot more rp to slums sweeps.
Moose_hater

Back to top Go down

C45 Secret Buttons Empty Re: C45 Secret Buttons

Post  DIABLO258 Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:35 am

Im sure a plugin has been made for that, but the buttons that are in the map cannot be changed by a simple command.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

https://thecrew.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Archimedes Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:25 am

The map is made wit custom buttons that work wit clockworks code. If you go in sandbox you will notice that you can't activate the doors.

Clockwork has a function called isCombine (or something similar) it returns true if the player is part of the combine faction. The doors only open is isCombine returns true.

There are several ways of handling this.

1. Make Rebel leaders City administrators with a name change and custom class change.
Pros: They don't spawn with stun-sticks but maybe a pistol. They can open the doors
Cons: They can open all CCA doors (maybe a stolen bio-signal) and spawn where the CA spawns.

2. Make a separate rebel faction that is a near copy of the CA except with different spawn points.
Pros: Same as 1 and fixes spawn issue.
Cons: Can open all CCA doors

3. Recode all the doors in the level to open to everyone.
Pros: Fixes the problem
Cons: Anyone who spams the "use" key on the map will find them and use them and probably failrp them

4. Recode all the doors in the level to open to everyone but use text to put warning how they wouldn't know about it ICly.
Pros: Fixes the problem and deters some people (can be used to detect failrpers)
Cons: Fail rpers will abuse, moderate amount of time and difficulty

5. (This is last because it is the hardest) Add a method called isRebel, don't break clockwork in doing so, re-code all of the doors in the map by adding isRebel.
Pros: Works exactly as needed only giving access to those designated, Rebels can't open CCA doors etc.
Cons: SO MUCH FUCKING TIME HOLY SHIT THAT'S NEAR IMPOSSIBLE

6. No collide all the hidden doors (whether it be in game or in the map file)
Pros:People can't find them without dragging their face on every wall.
Cons: Still can be meta'ed from sandbox, so many thing that can go wrong but may not... idk
Archimedes
Archimedes
Technical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Noobstrike Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:34 pm

Archimedes wrote:People can't find them without dragging their face on every wall.

I don't know why but I bursted out lafng reading that.
I just got this image of some male-07 with a derp face dragging his face along the trainstation walls looking for stuff to break.
Needs to be covered by an artist.
Noobstrike
Noobstrike
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum