The Crew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hello World.
How mnay people want a mapswitch at some point in time? EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:06 pm by DIABLO258

» God damn, 10 whole years.
How mnay people want a mapswitch at some point in time? EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:02 pm by DIABLO258

» Citizen, Apply.
How mnay people want a mapswitch at some point in time? EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 1:52 am by DIABLO258

» These LONG years.
How mnay people want a mapswitch at some point in time? EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 12:44 am by DIABLO258

» You know what?
How mnay people want a mapswitch at some point in time? EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 3:39 am by Cergis

» I won't leave you
How mnay people want a mapswitch at some point in time? EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 5:03 pm by Lt.FallenAngel

» reminiscing of old times
How mnay people want a mapswitch at some point in time? EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 12:22 am by Gremnkai

» I wonder if
How mnay people want a mapswitch at some point in time? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 9:58 pm by Gremnkai

» Good Memories.
How mnay people want a mapswitch at some point in time? EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 2:04 pm by General Bravo

» can't actually reply to anything
How mnay people want a mapswitch at some point in time? EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 6:46 pm by Moose_hater

How mnay people want a mapswitch at some point in time?

+5
Archimedes
Noobstrike
Unknown
General Bravo
Jaquecz
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Want a map switch at some point in time?

How mnay people want a mapswitch at some point in time? Vote_b2086%How mnay people want a mapswitch at some point in time? Vote_b19 86% 
[ 12 ]
How mnay people want a mapswitch at some point in time? Vote_b2014%How mnay people want a mapswitch at some point in time? Vote_b19 14% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 14

Poll closed

How mnay people want a mapswitch at some point in time? Empty How mnay people want a mapswitch at some point in time?

Post  Jaquecz Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:45 pm

Since we're getting a new provider, and because of that, losing everything. Anyone want a map switch? I mean, i talked to diablo about one over steam chat yesterday, he said it was up to the community to decide that, i talked to him about v2, he said that the breakable windows would cause minge problems.

Anyhow, how many people actually want a map switch? Not like its going to be anytime soon. but maybe we should vote on whether to have a mapswitch at SOME point in time.

Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

How mnay people want a mapswitch at some point in time? Empty Re: How mnay people want a mapswitch at some point in time?

Post  General Bravo Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:53 pm

It's like with rations, the more you pester people about them, the more annoyed they get, and the less likely you get what you want.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

How mnay people want a mapswitch at some point in time? Empty k

Post  Jaquecz Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:26 pm

UnitBravo342 wrote:It's like with rations, the more you pester people about them, the more annoyed they get, and the less likely you get what you want.

Im not specifically asking the admins for a mapswitch, im asking if anyone else actually would want one. I only made this because he said that something like this was the communities choice, so im asking the community. Not just the admins.
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

How mnay people want a mapswitch at some point in time? Empty Re: How mnay people want a mapswitch at some point in time?

Post  General Bravo Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:39 pm

We already had a vote for that though. RP_c45_2013 or whatever it was called won a lot of support. Hell, I supported it. But us in the admin squad, primarily the SAs, are the ones who have to come up with an IC reason for a map switch. Otherwise, your character falls asleep in City 18 and wakes up in City 45 without a clue of what's going on, which would be kinda dumb.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unknown Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:44 pm

I honestly don't want a map switch becuase City 18 is my favorite map becuase it is nice and small,all the other city's are too big and then when there is only like two or three people on ( Like there are sometimes ) then it's no fun.

Posting this from my IPod at school lol it won't let me use the poll thing so I am voting no when I get home.
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

How mnay people want a mapswitch at some point in time? Empty Well...erm..yeah.

Post  Jaquecz Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:47 pm

UnitBravo342 wrote:We already had a vote for that though. RP_c45_2013 or whatever it was called won a lot of support. Hell, I supported it. But us in the admin squad, primarily the SAs, are the ones who have to come up with an IC reason for a map switch. Otherwise, your character falls asleep in City 18 and wakes up in City 45 without a clue of what's going on, which would be kinda dumb.

...Trufax...You gotta point there. But hollerhavoc came up with a couple good ideas, like a dark energy thingy becoming far too unstable and so they would need to evacuate, or the type b zombies overrunning the city.

Although, besides noobstirike doing things with CETA on c18, i don't see any-reason to not do a mapswitch event. besides some obvious problems.
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

How mnay people want a mapswitch at some point in time? Empty I agree for a mapswitch.

Post  [Redacted] Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:01 pm

Even though Noobstrike's Idea prevails and works, still, not many people even go to the D6 area and another thing, why would the CCA even want to move the citizens to a dirty area with only 6 more features to it (5 new houses and the Nargodian). It's crowded, hard to keep track of things and more of a chance for Phantom or zombies to cause things in it which leaves the citizens up for more harm. Personally I think the only reason why this idea is good is because the plaza is small with little things to do. Since this is rp, I don't see why a bigger map would not be a good idea. The reason why I mostly support C45 2013 is because the amount of features and things to do in each area is equal. I'm not hating on Noobstrike's idea because it is actually not a bad one that I even supported but, I think that a map switch would be better hence why I made a huge event suggestion.
[Redacted]
[Redacted]
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:04 pm

CETA was created back when we were last at C45. That's not an issue. As for the D6 expansion, a decent point, it opens the gate for more issues, not that the CCA really cares about citizens getting shot or eaten here and there.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Noobstrike Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:40 pm

I voted yes as long its a map with a decent heap of store fronts in plaza.
I only wanted to TRY to extened the c18 plaza to see what would happen.
You guys don't like it I gusse because no one uses it. And rebels haven't really tried taking it back, but then again mahunik isn't here. Im fine with a mapswitch.
As long as were all given time to get ready and prepare an IC reason.
Noobstrike
Noobstrike
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

How mnay people want a mapswitch at some point in time? Empty Heap Of Store Fronts.

Post  [Redacted] Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:03 pm

There are 6 stores that are easily accessible through the main plaza where the citizens would be allowed and 1 in a sort of back alley place in C45 2013.
[Redacted]
[Redacted]
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:05 pm

I did have Nick blow up the Ghost outpost, following up with the less direct strategy of eenying enemy resources. But I don't see that getting overly far. And the D6 extension thing, yeah, it's meh at best. Day one, basically everyone was there and the main plaza was empty. Now, it's usually empty, save for a CP or two going to the outpost or the occasional citizen or two. I kind of liked the idea, but the fact that it's fairly far removed from the current plaza doesn't help. If we could sustain the full 30/30 without huge lag and could assign people and units to each area to keep both fairly populated, it'd be fine. But I don't see that happening anytime soon.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unknown Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:18 pm

Come on, city 18 is the best map for a lot of reasons:

A) It is small so that way it is good for the usual amount of people on this server.

B) City 18 is the most popular map therefor we will have more people on the server when they see we are playing City 18

C) City 18 is easy to manage becuase of its size so it will be easyer for the CCA

I can think if lots more but in typing on my iPod and at school so sorry for any spelling mistakes, just make this statement count.
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  [Redacted] Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:24 pm

City 18 is small yes but CCA could easily keep city 45 under control, the plaza is compact yet full of more things to do than city 18, that is kind of biased that you say that most people like city 18 as well, and besides, if most servers are running their level on city 18, Clockwork HL2 RP needs diversity in the servers so that each one offers alot. If every map is on C18, then RP will just be the same thing on every server. Besides the map fact, the map isn't everything.
[Redacted]
[Redacted]
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

How mnay people want a mapswitch at some point in time? Empty Some good some bad mang.

Post  Jaquecz Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:20 pm

Mandrak95 wrote:Come on, city 18 is the best map for a lot of reasons:

A) It is small so that way it is good for the usual amount of people on this server.

B) City 18 is the most popular map therefor we will have more people on the server when they see we are playing City 18

C) City 18 is easy to manage becuase of its size so it will be easyer for the CCA

I can think if lots more but in typing on my iPod and at school so sorry for any spelling mistakes, just make this statement count.

The points you have aren't really all that good.
A. is actually a pretty good one, but the thing is, whenever we have a high pop, we get lag, and people leave because they get sick of that high-as-balls lag.

B. unlike A. isn't really a good reason, most people don't choose a server based on the map, they will probably choose it for the population, or maybe they will choose it based on what they've heard about it.

C. CCA can handle something like this, catalyst [even if they are a faggy ass server] normally have around 4-7 cca on sometimes while there is 20-30 citizens. I doubt that we will have a problem taking care of it.
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  Unknown Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:37 pm

HollerHavoc has a point I can agree with that. Also I have to agree city 45 is a good map but I like city 18 so I will have to vote no. But even if we do city 45 I can accept that.

Still on my iPod but this time I don't think I messed up at all, but school is over in... Now so I can go home and get on my laptop soon. Hopefully that thing is fixed so I can actually go on the server when I get home soon Smile
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Archimedes Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:12 pm

If you guys want a small town with compressed rp, you will find none. The best thing to do in that case is to have a small section made for everyone and a large slums. This makes sweeps ambush-able, and rebels a realistic option with severalmeans of escape.
Archimedes
Archimedes
Technical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Burnt Leaf Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:13 pm

I thihat the best choice for all of us is to go with City45_2013 Its big for EVERYBODY. Nobody is left out.
Burnt Leaf
Burnt Leaf
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  [Redacted] Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:34 pm

Burnt Leaf wrote:I thihat the best choice for all of us is to go with City45_2013 Its big for EVERYBODY. Nobody is left out.

Yes! Exactly what I am getting at aswell. It's small where it needs to be but mostly equal in everyway.
[Redacted]
[Redacted]
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Archimedes Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:00 pm

CITY 45 2013 HAS MY 100% APPROVAL
Archimedes
Archimedes
Technical Officer

Back to top Go down

How mnay people want a mapswitch at some point in time? Empty Well then

Post  Jaquecz Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:11 pm

Everyone wants city 45 2013 then? sweeeeet.
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  [Redacted] Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:14 pm

100 % SWAQ THEN!
[Redacted]
[Redacted]
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:27 pm

People want C45 again?

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooook
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

https://thecrew.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Burnt Leaf Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:01 pm

DIABLO258 wrote:People want C45 again?

HEY! DIABLO! GET IT RIGHT! ITS
C45_2013

GOOD DAY! KAI SAN PROTA ANDRIOMENI, CHERE O CHERE, ELEFTHERIA!
Burnt Leaf
Burnt Leaf
Respected

Back to top Go down

How mnay people want a mapswitch at some point in time? Empty U LIL

Post  Jaquecz Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:37 am

Burnt Leaf wrote:
DIABLO258 wrote:People want C45 again?

HEY! DIABLO! GET IT RIGHT! ITS
C45_2013

GOOD DAY! KAI SAN PROTA ANDRIOMENI, CHERE O CHERE, ELEFTHERIA!

ITS RP_City45_2013 U FEWLISH FEWL, STAHP HIDING INSIDE YOUR MEHTAL BAWKZEZ.
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:55 pm

Well, I already have a plan for a transition to C45. Im really excited for this event too. What I have planned is super cool. It doesn't even take place inside the city.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

https://thecrew.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next