The Crew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hello World.
A New character:David O'Shay EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:06 pm by DIABLO258

» God damn, 10 whole years.
A New character:David O'Shay EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:02 pm by DIABLO258

» Citizen, Apply.
A New character:David O'Shay EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 1:52 am by DIABLO258

» These LONG years.
A New character:David O'Shay EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 12:44 am by DIABLO258

» You know what?
A New character:David O'Shay EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 3:39 am by Cergis

» I won't leave you
A New character:David O'Shay EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 5:03 pm by Lt.FallenAngel

» reminiscing of old times
A New character:David O'Shay EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 12:22 am by Gremnkai

» I wonder if
A New character:David O'Shay EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 9:58 pm by Gremnkai

» Good Memories.
A New character:David O'Shay EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 2:04 pm by General Bravo

» can't actually reply to anything
A New character:David O'Shay EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 6:46 pm by Moose_hater

A New character:David O'Shay

+6
Gremnkai
Archimedes
DIABLO258
Magnum
Dimond_miner56
Lt.FallenAngel
10 posters

Go down

Do you want David O'Shay to join TC?

A New character:David O'Shay Vote_b2073%A New character:David O'Shay Vote_b19 73% 
[ 8 ]
A New character:David O'Shay Vote_b2027%A New character:David O'Shay Vote_b19 27% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 11

Poll closed

A New character:David O'Shay Empty A New character:David O'Shay

Post  Lt.FallenAngel Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:13 pm

[This post has been removed]

Last edited by Lt.FallenAngel on Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Lt.FallenAngel
Lt.FallenAngel
Respected

Back to top Go down

A New character:David O'Shay Empty Re: A New character:David O'Shay

Post  Dimond_miner56 Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:02 am

How long did that take you too write?
Dimond_miner56
Dimond_miner56

Back to top Go down

A New character:David O'Shay Empty Re: David O'Shay

Post  Lt.FallenAngel Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:43 pm

Dimond_miner56 wrote:How long did that take you too write?

About 3-4 1/2 days. Not to long but it did take some thought.
Lt.FallenAngel
Lt.FallenAngel
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Magnum Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:06 pm

Dis backstory is better than anything i could write
Magnum
Magnum

Back to top Go down

A New character:David O'Shay Empty Re: Magnum

Post  Lt.FallenAngel Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:35 pm

Magnum wrote:Dis backstory is better than anything i could write
Thanks! means a lot. I also want to clearify the reason I wrote this backstory because TC has a rule on special characters. Basically, this character doesn't start out as a normal character, I wanted him to start in the slums, I asked Diablo if it was okay and if the community approves of it then we will see this character in the RP. I hope to see him and having a mercenary will be a really interesting twist on how thing unfold.
Lt.FallenAngel
Lt.FallenAngel
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Magnum Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:41 pm

I vote giving you a gun to start out, cause dat merc
Magnum
Magnum

Back to top Go down

A New character:David O'Shay Empty Re:Magnum

Post  Lt.FallenAngel Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:54 pm

Magnum wrote:I vote giving you a gun to start out, cause dat merc
I guess I actually never clarified that, I would like him to start with some sort of weapon. I know in the suggestion section talked about adding a knife, which I would love for him to have, but any sort of gun would be nice.
Lt.FallenAngel
Lt.FallenAngel
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:04 pm

Characters must start with the regular spawning items, and must spawn in the train station.
As you already know, if you spawn with, or anywhere other than the default, your character is know as "a special character"

These types of characters are very rare, and hardly ever granted permission to exist in TheCrew.
Mainly because it got to the point where everyone wanted one, and if that happened, before you know it everyone will either be a high ranking CCA, or some type of District 6 rebel.

Some people even tried for their characters to have special "powers" such as throwing fire at people. Weird stuff that is not cannon. My rule is everyone starts out the same. And every character you meet has been developed from exactly where you started. Everyone has the same chances, everyone begins in the same place, everyone chooses a different path.

No weapon will be assigned to your character, even if your back story says you have one, you do not.
Develop your character from scratch, see how far you can get, see what and who your character can conquer. And of course, find out who or what is going to end your story.

Sometimes a story ending will be the beginning of a new, and better one.

And honestly, I find it more fun to have a regular back story of simply how you got to City 18. Family was attacked by the Combine, you were kidnapped, blah blah blah. Making your story in game is whats important. Imagine actually doing the things your story says he did in front of REAL people. Imagine your character going from depressed citizen in plaza, to mentally ill, criminally insane killer. Watching as your character slowly goes insane, developing him/her as they make their first kill or loyal deed, and living your character as they try and survive what is now the Universal Union's home. I implore everyone to give it a shot, rather than create an immensely deep back story that already places your character in the shoes of a criminally insane killer. Or what ever. Don't just think it, make it.

Last edited by DIABLO258 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:16 pm; edited 3 times in total
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

https://thecrew.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Archimedes Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:07 pm

MFW this is a just an overdone attempt to start with weapons Razz
Archimedes
Archimedes
Technical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Lt.FallenAngel Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:21 pm

DIABLO258 wrote:Characters must start with the regular spawning items, and must spawn in the train station.
As you already know, if you spawn with, or anywhere other than the default, your character is know as "a special character"

These types of characters are very rare, and hardly ever granted permission to exist in TheCrew.
Mainly because it got to the point where everyone wanted one, and if that happened, before you know it everyone will either be a high ranking CCA, or some type of District 6 rebel.

Some people even tried for their characters to have special "powers" such as throwing fire at people. Weird stuff that is not cannon. My rule is everyone starts out the same. And every character you meet has been developed from exactly where you started. Everyone has the same chances, everyone begins in the same place, everyone chooses a different path.

No weapon will be assigned to your character, even if your back story says you have one, you do not.
Develop your character from scratch, see how far you can get, see what and who your character can conquer. And of course, find out who or what is going to end your story.

Sometimes a story ending will be the beginning of a new, and better one.

And honestly, I find it more fun to have a regular back story of simply how you got to City 18. Family was attacked by the Combine, you were kidnapped, blah blah blah. Making your story in game is whats important. Imagine actually doing the things your story says he did in front of REAL people. Imagine your character going from depressed citizen in plaza, to mentally ill, criminally insane killer. Watching as your character slowly goes insane, developing him/her as they make their first kill or loyal deed, and living your character as they try and survive what is now the Universal Union's home. I implore everyone to give it a shot, rather than create an immensely deep back story that already places your character in the shoes of a criminally insane killer. Or what ever. Don't just think it, make it.

I believe I explained this to you before, I am fine without David starting with weapons. So Archimedis, please, don't act like my work is just some "excuse" to get weapons. Mainly, what I want with this character is to start in slums rather than in the city. I have discussed how David's circumstances are not like any other and how a character like this can not be achieved through normal RP. And for some reason you believe by allowing people to have characters like this then we won't have any real RP, where we have to go to slums and go through the process of demise and renewal everytime? If so, then I say having a CP whitelist should be considered "special". Honestly, David is different than other characters. He will never be a normal citizen, he has gone through to much. If you feel that this character is "un-cannon" in anyway, please tell me. Otherwise I believe this character adds a different aspect to the server, one that might even draw new people in. Think about it, joining a server and there being vortiguants and combine and rebels and soon your character learns of a man who watches over the city. Honestly, I would be excited to learn about that. It makes that much more of a conflict between the combine and the rebels.
Lt.FallenAngel
Lt.FallenAngel
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Archimedes Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:53 pm

I was being sarcastic about my comment hence the Razz, so Razz

And about starting in the slums that's a big negative from me. Mainly Rebels aren't on the same side as the citizens, in-fact I know several rebels who kos citizens wondering in the slums. They have a perfectly valid reason to do so. So, its not that this isn't canon or a special character, it's just that backstories don't serve the purpose you are trying to use it for. They may setup a foundation of a characters choices but not where he starts out. He starts out entering the city through the train station like everyone else.
Archimedes
Archimedes
Technical Officer

Back to top Go down

A New character:David O'Shay Empty Re: David O'Shayal

Post  Lt.FallenAngel Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:01 pm

Allright thank you for your input. Just two things David has never been inside the actual city of the combine therefore he would bot be classified as a citizen. He has no CID, The only actual evidence that he has ever been in the city is he combine trying to hunt him down, therefore it would be uncanon for him to be classified as a citizen because a citizen is what the combine have given when giving there CID's and certain uniforms. Secondly, when dealing with this I believe we are classifieng this as just another backstory wether than the birth of a character. I put, more than likely, more effort into this than most CP application, I have seen some phenomnal ones, I don't believe i have said this before but when exiting the train depot the combine would demand to know your CID, therefore if he started as a normal citizen, according to his backstory, he would be taken away because the combine can not allow a person especially with the clothes he is wearing and his weapons to live. (I don't want real weapons but he does have a skinning knife on him) honestly, i feel we have two choices either completly get rid of this story or fid some compromise to keep it canon.
Lt.FallenAngel
Lt.FallenAngel
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Magnum Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:24 pm

Honestly, i know my input doesnt matter, but i can see it working as he would be classified as a "Non-Citizen" by combine standards, basically, someone who has never been in a city, instead who is basically a AC with no CID or record of any kind, making it impossible to plaza RP as he would be shot immediatly

I say YES
Magnum
Magnum

Back to top Go down

Post  Gremnkai Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:46 pm

The last thing we need is more people in the slums.
Gremnkai
Gremnkai
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Noobstrike Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:28 am

I know you've been waiting for input so uh.
I say YES.
I wouldn't say that to everyone.

The stereotype about special chars is there just idiots behind the computer who want to feel cool and kill people without any work.
no.

Ive seen fallen angel RP as James Drekin.
At that, rp'ing a SERIOUS black guy. If you can play as a serious black guy, you can do anything. He is a very good intelligent serious rper, knows his way with words, and I would definatly trust him with this character. His "Work" went into the text. If it was somebody else with a character that shoots rainbows from their anus, no way.

Plus, it's a guy with a jacket, a knife, and a rifle? Not 50.cal berert sniper marine with a light saber. He took everything into account, made things realistic, and it jabs another thought into players heads. There could be someone watching. It will give a sort of...batman vigilante feeling. creepy, yet cool.

I approve this character.
Noobstrike
Noobstrike
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mahunik Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:47 pm

Sounds like a cool character. +support
Mahunik
Mahunik
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris10023 Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:07 pm

He sounds like a good character +support

Last edited by Chris10023 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chris10023
Chris10023
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:07 pm

He's a good character? Or sounds like a good character.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

https://thecrew.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:04 pm

+repsupport from me.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lt.FallenAngel Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:35 pm

Thank you to everyone! Even people who did not support it because with out you then I would have never realized some of the flaws in my character. But, as of now David O'Shay is a real character and his story will live on! Thank you to everyone who did support the character because without you David would have only been a legend, never visiting City 18. So that goes out to the community. And finally thank you to all the admins/ops/SA/owner for allowing me to do this! Diablo, Mahunik, Joe, D-lop, Noobstrike, Achimedes, Dracul Zev, Chris, UnitBravo, Gremnkai, (sorry if I missed anyone). So yeah, if you happen to see an Irish man in the slums or the rooftops watching over the city, looking for this target, may you hope you are not on his list. Anyway, Game on!
Lt.FallenAngel
Lt.FallenAngel
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down