The Crew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hello World.
Wat.                            EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:06 pm by DIABLO258

» God damn, 10 whole years.
Wat.                            EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:02 pm by DIABLO258

» Citizen, Apply.
Wat.                            EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 1:52 am by DIABLO258

» These LONG years.
Wat.                            EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 12:44 am by DIABLO258

» You know what?
Wat.                            EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 3:39 am by Cergis

» I won't leave you
Wat.                            EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 5:03 pm by Lt.FallenAngel

» reminiscing of old times
Wat.                            EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 12:22 am by Gremnkai

» I wonder if
Wat.                            EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 9:58 pm by Gremnkai

» Good Memories.
Wat.                            EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 2:04 pm by General Bravo

» can't actually reply to anything
Wat.                            EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 6:46 pm by Moose_hater

Wat.

5 posters

Go down

Wat.                            Empty Wat.

Post  Noobstrike Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:57 pm

Server up called alex's test clockwork server.
Gamemode: Clockwork HL2RP.
What makes their clockwork so special, that we cant get?

Unitbravo is on the case! He was on there earlier today.
duit.
watisit.
Do they have thermal chicken enegery?
Albino black men?
WHAT IS IT!
Noobstrike
Noobstrike
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Wat.                            Empty Re: Wat.

Post  General Bravo Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:42 pm

As far as I can tell, it is what it says, a test server. It's had slow changes as its been online. Initially you could press C and ignite or remove props at will. Can't do that anymore. Not sure how things like armories work, nor how factions are doing, as I have seen neither. Other than that, trying to read papers gives me script errors. Not much else to report. Clearly this is a work in progress.

Now for the "RP", well, yeah. Ever wonder what would happen if the minges took over? On this server there's no need. Punchwhoring is standard. Just yesterday, there wre marauding gangs of minges, some of which were pretending they were in Fallout RP, the others were basically groups of Noobstrike's black characters. Those few who actually try to serious RP got wrecked or else went "anti-minge" which amounted to minging minges. It's a mess. I've been mostly on the minge side because a: the serious RP side is a lost cause and b: it's a test server.

Tl;dr the Clockwork there is unfinished and the server's ruled by minges.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Burnt Leaf Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:40 pm

You named something we already have....

ALBINO AFRICANS!

Wat.                            3_Albino_africans-s350x437-1373-580
Burnt Leaf
Burnt Leaf
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:54 am

Update: The paper issue was fixed, papers can be read now. The admin actually showed up last night on a City Administrator character, so factions are at least there. The minges probably came back once he left, so that hasn't chanted. But at least work is being done.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:48 pm

ZUE420 wrote:
Tic, Tock, On The Clock...

Been a while, hasn't it?

So, let's talk about Clockwork, the newest edit WHOLE NEW FRAMEWORK made by the oh so talented kurozael/kuropixel/kuromiku/Conna Cook/Conna Wiles. It's being made to replace openAura, that will break in the GMod 13 update.

Now, what exactly is different? Well, this time it's free. That's right, the framework itself is being released for free. When I first heard about it back when Kuro first announced it, I was actually pleasantly surprised. Maybe he had finally learned from his mistakes, and realized that frameworks should be open-source and free? After all, its slogan is "A framework for the people". Now, knowing Kuro, this was of course not the case.

As his first thread about Cockwork CLOCKWORK started going forwards, some... Unpleasant details were being revealed. It turned out that in order to get a copy of Clockwork, you had to register on a website and get a development key. Didn't sound so bad, right? I failed to see the point of it, and it seemed really shady, but I was ready to forgive it. Then it of course turned out that the schemas for Clockwork weren't free, you'd still have to buy those or code one from scratch yourself. When I asked if you were allowed to recode one of the purchasable schemas from scratch, the question kept being dodged until they finally said that it was okay, as long as it was called something completely different and didn't use any stolen code. Fair enough, right? Well, things started going downhill from there... Kuro accidentally said that SpencerSharkey wouldn't be able to use Clockwork once it was released (Spencer had leaked an alpha copy of Clockwork), and I asked how Kuro could decide that. If the gamemode was free and open-source, then how could someone like SpencerSharkey not be allowed to use it? That's when it turned out that all schemas made for Clockwork has to be approved by Kuro. Suddenly keeping the DRM in the framework, and using shady dev keys made sense. They were there to keep Kuro in control of the Clockwork users. This means that even if you spend months making a gamemode, Kuro can, for whatever reason, say: "Nope, not allowed to use it." Adding onto that, it has also turned out that if you want to host a server running Clockwork, the server had to be whitelisted and approved by Kuro. Suddenly the framework doesn't seem all that open-source anymore.

So, knowing all of this, surely the GMod RP community won't use Clockwork, right? Surely they will realize that Kuro is still the power hungry, money grabbing douchebag he has always been? Well, apparently not, since a lot of servers are planning on using it. People have become so accustomed to openAura that they are ready to ignore all the facts, and still use Clockwork despite the better alternatives.

So, is this it, then? Is this what the GMod RP community has come to? Will we only be seeing Clockwork servers from now on? Fear not, true believers, for the rumors around the mill say that some CHILL DUDES are porting over openAura to GMod 13 as an alternative to Clockwork. While I'm no fan of openAura, hopefully this should minimize the usage of Clockwork and stop Kuro's money making schemes. One can dream.

On top of that, we've still got Tiramisu. FNox is updating it for GMod 13, and converting it to use MySQL. A friend of mine is also working on his own RP framework project. And, who knows, maybe I will take up my old framework project for the sake of alternatives?

Until next time.

There you have it, Thanks garrysmod.blogspot.

^
What he said

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:32 am

If you could give me the IP of this server, that would be great.
Apparently leaks like this are exactly what CloudSixteen is trying to exterminate.

DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

https://thecrew.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:55 pm

I would, but the server went down, and the list of IPs from downed servers in my history makes it unclear which is which.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:33 pm

Makes sense. Cloud Sixteen was shocked to find out people leaked it. Oh well
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

https://thecrew.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:38 pm

And this is why we don't shouldn't make Gmod schemas paid products and then expect that no one will leak them.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:54 pm

Server's back. No minge sightings due to admin. Grabbed my first ration pack in a while. It was good.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:23 am

Last update:
The test server got sold or given by Alex to this group called "Revotech" making them the only group out there currently operating a public HL2RP server. The minging is gone, anyone who tries is banned. I don't mind that part so much as the part where apparently Revotech is the best HL2RP community on he planet so they get some form of Clockwork before anyone else. I don't know what the hell that's about. Personally, I'm done with that server. I'll be going back to trading hats on TF2 till our RP server goes back up.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Archimedes Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:46 am

Well, seeing that I am pretty much fluent in Java on everything but Recursion, and Lua has been noted as a simplified version of Java or Python, I could take a crack at creating a mod similar to HL2RP. The only thing I need is a copy of the original HL2RP game files. I would need time to understand how it's money mongering creator made it work. I'm sure I would eventually be able to create something similar after comparing it to the makeup of Gmod 13 mods. Even if its an overly simplified version that allows the same game mechanics, I'm sure I could make something.

If Diablo or anyone would be willing to provide me with the older version of HL2 RP I would love to work on it. I mean its kind of worthless now seeing that no one can play it.
Archimedes
Archimedes
Technical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum