The Crew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hello World.
Citizen RP EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:06 pm by DIABLO258

» God damn, 10 whole years.
Citizen RP EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:02 pm by DIABLO258

» Citizen, Apply.
Citizen RP EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 1:52 am by DIABLO258

» These LONG years.
Citizen RP EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 12:44 am by DIABLO258

» You know what?
Citizen RP EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 3:39 am by Cergis

» I won't leave you
Citizen RP EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 5:03 pm by Lt.FallenAngel

» reminiscing of old times
Citizen RP EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 12:22 am by Gremnkai

» I wonder if
Citizen RP EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 9:58 pm by Gremnkai

» Good Memories.
Citizen RP EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 2:04 pm by General Bravo

» can't actually reply to anything
Citizen RP EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 6:46 pm by Moose_hater

Citizen RP

+6
aergaergaerhag
Burnt Leaf
Precinct Helghast
Noobstrike
Gremnkai
General Bravo
10 posters

Go down

Citizen RP Empty Citizen RP

Post  General Bravo Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:53 pm

So it's been brought up in the past that citizens don't have much to do so they just lolwebul because they feel like they don't have anything else to do. Having started my RP career with nothing but passive citizen RP, I know that's not true, but some people are less into just standing around and talking. I feel for people like these, we need some additional stuff to be doing. CETA was a good idea, but most of the time the only open CETA installation was the cafe.

And if I had any brilliant ideas, I'd be discussing them with admins, not making a thread. So what ideas do you guys think might work?
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Citizen RP Empty Re: Citizen RP

Post  Gremnkai Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:12 pm

I agree 100%. CETA needs to be open and recruiting more often (CCA can help with recruiting if Noob isn't on). More menial jobs and event that involve citizens. I mean they wouldn't just leave the citizens bored in the streets unless they are just asking for a rebellion. Admins need to get on editing this as soon as Clockwork releases STAT.
Gremnkai
Gremnkai
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:22 pm

I've had citizens RP picking up and loading piles of trash in the past. That worked well enough. I could see doing more of that sort of thing, maybe with a small loyalist point incentive to do so. Can't have that too much though or the biotics have nothing to do.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Noobstrike Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:23 pm

I think the idea of chars for nothing but random scenery here and there for the citizens to comment on is gud. The random seagull who pecks at the citizens toe and flys away. Scary looking overwatch randomly sprinting somewhere looking imporant. idk.
Noobstrike
Noobstrike
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:59 pm

I feel like seagulls and such could be done just as well with NPCs. As for the OTA running around, well, I thought we were supposed to keep OTAs inside the Nexus unless called out. That being said, we could have CPs running around like they're looking for something, and maybe BLADE can patrol the plaza as a squad if things have been particularly lolwebulish.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Citizen RP Empty I approve this BLADE POST.

Post  Precinct Helghast Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:45 pm

I agree that "Blade" Should be mabey running across catwalks sometimes so it looks like it's doing something, I also Agree that I like the idea that CCA/OTA should be running around so e.g. /it OTA Unit runs past two citizens in a quick sprint.

Last edited by TheCombinePotato on Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Meh.)
Precinct Helghast
Precinct Helghast
Obsidian Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:32 pm

Going off of that, we could have parades of CCA/OTA that we force everyone to watch to build "union cohesion."
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Burnt Leaf Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:37 pm

I have no problems. Akio always has something to do. And he is an L3 loyalist because of it.
Burnt Leaf
Burnt Leaf
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Gremnkai Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:06 am

Burnt Leaf (Greek) wrote:I have no problems. Akio always has something to do. And he is an L3 loyalist because of it.
Because you find all the contraband dick >.<. Nah But like I have said before we need more events that involve citizens and more jobs and other stuff that give citizens more time to RP. Maybe when they have a factory we can have a Rebel go in and cause a revolt. That would provide entertainment for citizens and CCA.
Gremnkai
Gremnkai
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Burnt Leaf Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:56 am

Factory huh? I like the idea of a sweatshop kinda thing with the CCA watching us. And if we step out of our work cycle without permission, we are beaten into submission, not knocked out, but thrown back into the work station.
Burnt Leaf
Burnt Leaf
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Gremnkai Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:27 pm

Burnt Leaf (Greek) wrote:Factory huh? I like the idea of a sweatshop kinda thing with the CCA watching us. And if we step out of our work cycle without permission, we are beaten into submission, not knocked out, but thrown back into the work station.

Exactly what I was thinking. They won't be making anything big but just something to keep them busy
Gremnkai
Gremnkai
Respected

Back to top Go down

Citizen RP Empty I agree with this POST.

Post  Precinct Helghast Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:37 pm

unitbravo342 wrote:Going off of that, we could have parades of CCA/OTA that we force everyone to watch to build "union cohesion."
[b]

I like posts.., potatos, CCA/OTA and vodka...
Precinct Helghast
Precinct Helghast
Obsidian Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:50 pm

As far as I recall, there was a CETA factory pre-GMod13. It's just that, again, it was barely used, like the rest of the CETA structure. That'd be another thing we would need to actually implement.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gremnkai Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:59 pm

unitbravo342 wrote:As far as I recall, there was a CETA factory pre-GMod13. It's just that, again, it was barely used, like the rest of the CETA structure. That'd be another thing we would need to actually implement.
ikr. We really need to provide more for the citizen so people will stay more often. Also we need to put a end to a lot of fail RP. People join looking for a serious Hl2RP and see some admins messing around and leave. I have seen this on more than one occasion.
Gremnkai
Gremnkai
Respected

Back to top Go down

Citizen RP Empty hnnnnghhh

Post  aergaergaerhag Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:49 am

But I like citizen RP the way it is..
aergaergaerhag

http://itgetsmewhereiwannago.ytmnd.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:17 am

Bump because same problems that were going on when I posted this seem to be back. wat do
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unknown Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:58 am

Citizen RP is perfectly fine (For some people), It's just that not everybody is doing it properly. We need to get everybody to participate properly or else it starts to get bland for everybody when certain people are being bad.

Most of my chars have some very interesting RP and I enjoy citizen RP A LOT, But some people get bored of simply walking around the plaza and doing nothing all day.

We need to make the CETA be way more active, I am sick of seeing the pharmacy being the ONLY open store. Managers/workers of stores need to both be online more active and play on those chars more often. It would be really fun if the Nargodian was more active and people actually RP'd eating more often, it would also be great if CWU and the other stores by checkpoint A were more active so that way people could buy furniture and have some more happy fun time jerking off in their apartments.

People need to not want to rebel as much as well. I am not trying to complain about rebel RP, but I am simply saying that too many people are just running to the slums the moment a CCA pushes them and says "Move!". And the people that actually are in the slums should try coming to the plaza ore often. I know a few people that are good with that (Names shalt not be shared upon thou post.) but certain people should not ONLY stay in the slums unless they are seriously wanted DEAD and EVERY CCA knows their face.

These are just a few things I could think of, but people should really take the initiative to improve these things without an argument.
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:57 pm

People need to passive RP in their apartments more. Talk to other Citizens more. Move around with friends more.
Its not CETA that needs the fix. Its the players. You all need to reconsider what Citizen RP is if it is currently not working. If its not giving you the fix that it should, you yourself are not RPing it correctly. Or at least the people around you are not either.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

https://thecrew.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:21 am

Bump because nothing on this front has changed. We need to talk about solutions, but then we also need to implement them.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Citizen RP Empty A few ideas to push more citizen RP in.

Post  Wowdah Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:00 pm

Perhaps we should host a few more IC events in plaza, Note that necrotic/exogen breaches don't spike citizen RP as much, the most RP i've seen caused by such is mainly small talk (ex. "woah guise zambies wtf" "yah"). It's more of a CCA thing. Loyalist-acts like cleaning should also be rewarded and more monitored than it is, and overall just try to tie citizen-like characters into events that normally go on in the server.
Wowdah
Wowdah
Silver Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:37 pm

Suprisingly, I agree with Wowdah. Events are the way to get things moving, but we have to make sure the events involve citizens more.
Atlas
Atlas
Platinum Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:41 pm

The probem is most, if not all, events don't exactly function in a way conducive to getting citizens involved.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:43 pm

General Bravo wrote:The problem is most, if not all, events don't exactly function in a way conducive to getting citizens involved.
Maybe we should have event that motivates them, but the citizens need to show a little initiative to actually get involved and interact with the event. But I don't know an event like that.
Atlas
Atlas
Platinum Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  Wowdah Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:06 pm

Atlas wrote:Suprisingly, I agree with Wowdah. Events are the way to get things moving, but we have to make sure the events involve citizens more.
 wtf are u tryna sai atlas u sht

I very often see citizens try to be badass and provoke argument with the CCA, so I think Holler's idea on Manual Labor or inciting loyalist acts would be amazing.

Seriously when was the last time HL2RP had competitive business?
It would be so awesome
Wowdah
Wowdah
Silver Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:12 pm

Wowdah wrote:
Atlas wrote:Suprisingly, I agree with Wowdah. Events are the way to get things moving, but we have to make sure the events involve citizens more.
 wtf are u tryna sai atlas u sht
jk <3

Wowdah wrote: I very often see citizens try to be badass and provoke argument with the CCA, so I think Holler's idea on Manual Labor or inciting loyalist acts would be amazing.
Getting citizens and CCA to clash is always fun RP because other citizens can get involved.
Atlas
Atlas
Platinum Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down