The Crew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hello World.
Player magnets EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:06 pm by DIABLO258

» God damn, 10 whole years.
Player magnets EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:02 pm by DIABLO258

» Citizen, Apply.
Player magnets EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 1:52 am by DIABLO258

» These LONG years.
Player magnets EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 12:44 am by DIABLO258

» You know what?
Player magnets EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 3:39 am by Cergis

» I won't leave you
Player magnets EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 5:03 pm by Lt.FallenAngel

» reminiscing of old times
Player magnets EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 12:22 am by Gremnkai

» I wonder if
Player magnets EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 9:58 pm by Gremnkai

» Good Memories.
Player magnets EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 2:04 pm by General Bravo

» can't actually reply to anything
Player magnets EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 6:46 pm by Moose_hater

Player magnets

+8
Gremnkai
Burnt Leaf
Trippy
Archimedes
Magnum
DeadCherry
Mahunik
Noobstrike
12 posters

Go down

Player magnets Empty Player magnets

Post  Noobstrike Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:09 pm

Alright so...talking to diablo today, I brought up a thought.
Why is it catalyst can hold 30 people a day for three years?
Why could turtle soup gaming hold 40 people a day for a year?
Why cant we?
Thats what this is about. If you have any, ANY, idea on how to attract players thats revised, and makes sense, please go for it. I've got a few. Now, when making and reading ideas, imagine yourself as a new player who knows NOTHING about TC. Would any of these ideas make you want to call TC home?

Default PE flags:
Yes, I've said this before, but guys, give it a chance. Props really add to roleplay, and they will be closely moderated by me and other SA's. Abuse of PE flags make them get taken right away, and they can't touch admin props. Players with PE flags can only touch their own props. We don't allow people to spawn giant bases, labs, consoles, or other BS. Apartment furniture, or materials for makeshift houses in the slums would be really cool for people. Propkillers just get banned, simple. A small thing to make players very happy. Flags are a privelege, and if they are abused, they will be taken.

Nexus tours- Citizens sign up for a tour of the nexus every so often. They see the basic areas, nothing that could be used to harm the CCA, and learn what it's like to be a real CCA officer, which this may want to make people apply to the CCA more, and call TC a home.

Ceremonies? Parade type things?- This is a bleh...random idea...but like...if we got the CCA to do actual like military marches just to show their epicness off to citizens, that'd look fugging EPIC. And scary at the same time.

Factions- A touch o phase 4 rp in this. If a citizen somewhat established into the server wanted to make a faction or a group of people, it may be approved into a custom class. Mabye a group of medical dedicated CWU, a bunch of terrorists who mugged enough CCA to start trouble, mercenarys (this idea im busy on already Razz) or anything you set your mind to. Not all the fun stuff has to go to admins.

Backstory centered chars- Yes...alot of admins have these, and so far none are TOO ridiculous. A backstory character is one who cannot actually develop his/her beginning in the server. They are not a captured citizen, but perhaps an outlander coming into the city with torn cloths, starving, and mabye found an item or two on his way here. This lets the players be creative, and their backstory must be detailed and creative, and if they start with items, don't be dumb about it like "Oh i was obamas guard and have an RPG". no.

Factory worker faction? Payment?- Perhaps a warehouse near the plaza, that alleyway one in the loyalist area, can be used as the IC plant for CCA weapon/food development. Citizens go hear, fill out a physical, are inspected, are asked of talents or skills, and then work in said factory. They do tons of /me's, and do a process of making supplements, weapons, or something else. For supplements, they would have bins of IC things like the chemicals and paste that goes in them, and then load them into crates, and the crates are put on a combine APC and physgunned to the nexus. It makes a pretty neat chain of supplies. Weapon constructors would have to icly build the gun with blueprints, /me each thing, the barrel, chamber, handle, trigger, scope, etc. The place will be heavily guarded by blade OTA units and CCA whenever in use. The players choose to get paid by time, or by items made. Say they scrounge togather 5 supplements, they get mabye...25 tokens. If they manage to throw togather 3 mp7's that are fully operational, mabye 75 tokens. Or they choose to get paid at a rate of 10 tokens an hour or...idk. It's full of "Ors" and "what ifs" Then they go home and sleep and do it again. idk.

JOBSSSZZZZ- CWU is one thing. Minimum wage is another. With the last of the humans on earth, the combine wont just let them sit around. Have them DO SOMETHING. Perhaps create a sort of small, unimportant jobs fot citizens. Cleaners, medical CWU workers, factory workers like above, delivery jobs, landlord for apartments, maids or janitors for loyalist apartments, room service, etc. Yes this sounds sort of more like real life, but hey, why not? The combine may as well make them work. No jobs like police officer or firemen obviously. Just simple low paying things that benefit society.

So yeah...leave your suggestions, and feedback below. WE WANT NEW PEOPLE GAIZ. THIIINNNK. and remember again, while reading revies, would a non admin player want this?
Noobstrike
Noobstrike
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Player magnets Empty Re: Player magnets

Post  Guest Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:15 pm

Noobstrike wrote:Alright so...talking to diablo today, I brought up a thought.
Why is it catalyst can hold 30 people a day for three years?
Why could turtle soup gaming hold 40 people a day for a year?
Why cant we?
Thats what this is about. If you have any, ANY, idea on how to attract players thats revised, and makes sense, please go for it. I've got a few. Now, when making and reading ideas, imagine yourself as a new player who knows NOTHING about TC. Would any of these ideas make you want to call TC home?

Default PE flags:
Yes, I've said this before, but guys, give it a chance. Props really add to roleplay, and they will be closely moderated by me and other SA's. Abuse of PE flags make them get taken right away, and they can't touch admin props. Players with PE flags can only touch their own props. We don't allow people to spawn giant bases, labs, consoles, or other BS. Apartment furniture, or materials for makeshift houses in the slums would be really cool for people. Propkillers just get banned, simple. A small thing to make players very happy. Flags are a privelege, and if they are abused, they will be taken.

Nexus tours- Citizens sign up for a tour of the nexus every so often. They see the basic areas, nothing that could be used to harm the CCA, and learn what it's like to be a real CCA officer, which this may want to make people apply to the CCA more, and call TC a home.

Ceremonies? Parade type things?- This is a bleh...random idea...but like...if we got the CCA to do actual like military marches just to show their epicness off to citizens, that'd look fugging EPIC. And scary at the same time.

Factions- A touch o phase 4 rp in this. If a citizen somewhat established into the server wanted to make a faction or a group of people, it may be approved into a custom class. Mabye a group of medical dedicated CWU, a bunch of terrorists who mugged enough CCA to start trouble, mercenarys (this idea im busy on already Razz) or anything you set your mind to. Not all the fun stuff has to go to admins.

Backstory centered chars- Yes...alot of admins have these, and so far none are TOO ridiculous. A backstory character is one who cannot actually develop his/her beginning in the server. They are not a captured citizen, but perhaps an outlander coming into the city with torn cloths, starving, and mabye found an item or two on his way here. This lets the players be creative, and their backstory must be detailed and creative, and if they start with items, don't be dumb about it like "Oh i was obamas guard and have an RPG". no.

Factory worker faction? Payment?- Perhaps a warehouse near the plaza, that alleyway one in the loyalist area, can be used as the IC plant for CCA weapon/food development. Citizens go hear, fill out a physical, are inspected, are asked of talents or skills, and then work in said factory. They do tons of /me's, and do a process of making supplements, weapons, or something else. For supplements, they would have bins of IC things like the chemicals and paste that goes in them, and then load them into crates, and the crates are put on a combine APC and physgunned to the nexus. It makes a pretty neat chain of supplies. Weapon constructors would have to icly build the gun with blueprints, /me each thing, the barrel, chamber, handle, trigger, scope, etc. The place will be heavily guarded by blade OTA units and CCA whenever in use. The players choose to get paid by time, or by items made. Say they scrounge togather 5 supplements, they get mabye...25 tokens. If they manage to throw togather 3 mp7's that are fully operational, mabye 75 tokens. Or they choose to get paid at a rate of 10 tokens an hour or...idk. It's full of "Ors" and "what ifs" Then they go home and sleep and do it again. idk.

JOBSSSZZZZ- CWU is one thing. Minimum wage is another. With the last of the humans on earth, the combine wont just let them sit around. Have them DO SOMETHING. Perhaps create a sort of small, unimportant jobs fot citizens. Cleaners, medical CWU workers, factory workers like above, delivery jobs, landlord for apartments, maids or janitors for loyalist apartments, room service, etc. Yes this sounds sort of more like real life, but hey, why not? The combine may as well make them work. No jobs like police officer or firemen obviously. Just simple low paying things that benefit society.

So yeah...leave your suggestions, and feedback below. WE WANT NEW PEOPLE GAIZ. THIIINNNK. and remember again, while reading revies, would a non admin player want this?

AGREED 100% BY: Doktor

Last edited by Doktar Abyss on Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Mahunik Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:16 pm

I really cannot remember the last time we did cermonies. Thats something that really got players sucked in, the fact that they could earn and rank up. Still not a big fan of default flags but perhapes maybe getting level 1-2 loyalist grants you the ability to buy business flags for 300 tokens then selling small items. But some of the terrorist stuff and mercenarys is a bit too much, thats what the resistance is for.
Mahunik
Mahunik
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadCherry Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:19 pm

Turtle soup gaming does the same thing that you would have seen in DA, the invite a player and advertise tactic, while TnB and Catylist servers have a player friendly environment and community that people are dedicated to because of the social aspects of the OOC community of it, and the detail in seriousRP ofcourse, TSG is a bit ammature but I do give credit for CG for being quite a nice server compared to many others, the trick is to start off with something that keeps our low attention span players going, direct them and create buisness's as DA did with the legal system, level 1-5 loyalist job, make the slums close to impossible to get into to intemidate the player would could be behind there, I dont think PE flags is the best approach though, because people can easily CPU crash the server if they wanted, even though it is a rather good idea, I would only scratch that one out of the bunch. Remember on DA? We have the level 5 loyalist state police, The BOTA, buisness owner trust agreenments, ability to start stores, we should also add new layers of clothing and such like the clothings from the beta, and make clothing shops, anything that is not too extreme, the reason Catylist is able to keep going is because its very common now, or typical, due to its long time player count, now its in the safe, new players will head there that are new to RP because of the player count, or people who introduce. What is going to get us players is focusing on inviting players constantly, and aimging at giving citizens the attention they so well need.
DeadCherry
DeadCherry

Back to top Go down

Post  Magnum Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:47 pm

I know a idea to suck good CCA in....

I hate paperwork....Can we go back to SoTA style wher eyou just have to be ON during a cerymony but you HAD to participate in whatever is was i.e HTV kill,resistance leader ded,rogue killing
Magnum
Magnum

Back to top Go down

Player magnets Empty .

Post  Guest Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:32 am

CWU - Starting at -10 points a person is considered Level 1 loyalist (I think that is ok because it gives people the will to go further in points when they can get Lvl 1 so easily instead of like -20 points for lvl 1.)and has access to the CWU sector. At Level 2 the loyalist can apply for CWU and buy their own store (1,000 tokens). At Level 3 [-20 points] a loyalist can apply to work inside the nexus as a janitor or paper work management.

CCA - Lower ranking units can remain flagged up when there is an out of whack ratio, Lower ranks need experience and should reach quotas faster than the others.

Rebels - Minimal Rebel RP and the slums should be watched constantly to it ups the chance of being caught and PK'ed so there isn't so much rebel RP (I was in the server all day today and not one person flagged to citizen and just stayed anti-citizen.)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:33 am

The CWU / Loyalist sector is my idea and one I added. And Noobstrike keeps removing the shield that keeps citizens and stuff from entering, It is really annoying and rude. It is located where the ''mini slums'' used to be, I shrunk it down to a small area at the back of the CWU / Loyalist sector.

Back to top Go down

Post  Noobstrike Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:39 am

No. It's not annoying and rude. you don't just propblock everything. end o de story.
Noobstrike
Noobstrike
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Magnum Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:18 am

Doktar λbyss wrote:CWU - Starting at -10 points a person is considered Level 1 loyalist (I think that is ok because it gives people the will to go further in points when they can get Lvl 1 so easily instead of like -20 points for lvl 1.)and has access to the CWU sector. At Level 2 the loyalist can apply for CWU and buy their own store (1,000 tokens). At Level 3 [-20 points] a loyalist can apply to work inside the nexus as a janitor or paper work management.

CCA - Lower ranking units can remain flagged up when there is an out of whack ratio, Lower ranks need experience and should reach quotas faster than the others.

Rebels - Minimal Rebel RP and the slums should be watched constantly to it ups the chance of being caught and PK'ed so there isn't so much rebel RP (I was in the server all day today and not one person flagged to citizen and just stayed anti-citizen.)

I SUPPORT THIS POST
Cause it would mean i would have a level 3 loyalist LOL
Magnum
Magnum

Back to top Go down

Player magnets Empty NO, NO NIGGA. LIKE THIS.

Post  DeadCherry Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:17 pm

-20 Points is Level 1 Loyalist
-10 Points is permit permission.

-40 Points is Level 2 Loyalist, They have access to small class B technoligy, such as alarm clocks and such.

-60 is Level 3 Points gives right to a UUEL, Union Employment License and lists them in the Labour Workers Union.

-80 Points is a Level 4 and the citizen is allowed to created and own a Buisness owner Trust Agreenment and allow it to be placed into his CWU contract so that he can own a buisness.

-100 points is level 5 and the citizen is open to more ranges inside the nexus with the administrator and such, Political Union and State Police options.
DeadCherry
DeadCherry

Back to top Go down

Post  Archimedes Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:56 pm

Doktar λbyss wrote:

I already enforce minimal rebel RP by not allowing citizens into the slums without rebel purposes due to fear RP and the resulting fail RP.

Also, rebels should have to adhere to a ratio like the CCA.
Archimedes
Archimedes
Technical Officer

Back to top Go down

Player magnets Empty Hmm

Post  Trippy Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:42 pm

I really dont care Razz...
Trippy
Trippy
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Burnt Leaf Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:01 pm

DoubleDrop wrote:I really dont care Razz...
I seriously read only one thing... And by this, I say.... ^%#*($^*(#&*(&*#$*(@# WHATCHU MEAN PE?! 95% AGREED ON EVERYTHING EXCEPT THAT..>DNIOAOHBDFWEIODFAOUIDUND*()#@&$
Burnt Leaf
Burnt Leaf
Respected

Back to top Go down

Player magnets Empty ............^

Post  Trippy Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:04 pm

Some one lost it on there keyboard Razz
Trippy
Trippy
Respected

Back to top Go down

Player magnets Empty Yup

Post  Burnt Leaf Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:18 pm

Purty much.
Burnt Leaf
Burnt Leaf
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Noobstrike Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:35 pm

Be cool if we had more suggestions from people other than me...not just fat critiques eating doritos and drinking melted cotton candy and bacon shakes.
Noobstrike
Noobstrike
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:30 pm

Noobstrike wrote:Be cool if we had more suggestions from people other than me...not just fat critiques eating doritos and drinking melted cotton candy and bacon shakes.

Ha... You're joking? Right? You gotta be joking... No one is that blind and oblivious to the obvious...

Back to top Go down

Post  Gremnkai Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:16 pm

I agree with almost all of these except for maybe the factions. Citizen would go try to go too crazy and put like "SUPER LEET REBEL FORCES" Admins would deny it as a result you would loose them from the server.
Gremnkai
Gremnkai
Respected

Back to top Go down

Player magnets Empty I like the idea of these being added

Post  Trippy Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:35 pm

Trippy
Trippy
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Slashraider Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:13 am

There needs to be more plaza RP. Many times there is no one outside, rebels in the slums, and CCA in the nexus. You feel alone and have nothing to do. Maybe actually have a set time for rations (maybe ever few hours) to make citizens look forward to something. And another thing, a lot of times people are not IC and messing around, even as a regular player, that makes me want to log off for a bit. Maybe if there was more IC role play and more things for a citizen to do, it could attract more players, more frequently.
Slashraider
Slashraider
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:04 pm

Well, CETA manufacturing as forced labor from time to time for citizens who don't have some other occupation seems like a fitting way to keep some citizens occupied. CETA would, of course, need to be brought back online first(take the fucking hint, noobstrike), but I feel like that would give people something to do. Obviously they wouldn't be working constantly, but still.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unknown Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:55 pm

I don't think the problem is things that are in the server keeping people away. For some reason, new players JUST DONT JOIN. We have to improve things outside of the game to attract more players.

One of my ideas was possibly somehow getting the server ping better. When I look at the server on the browser, it is usually down the list a little ways. Because our ping is usually over 50 or around 70. I have been talking to the owner of Xenium HL2RP server, and I am going to find out what server provider they use. Because Xenium's provider gives them around 20 or lower ping.

Also, we need to make the server more appealing. For example, The Crew | HL2RP Serious Role-Play | Isn't actually that attractive. I only really joined because I got banned from half of the other servers when nobody would RP school me or shit. We should try and make the name more appealing to. I am not really sure how we could do this, but I am sure somebody could figure it out.

No more OOC time when the server pop is high! What this does is people join and they see Ashes running around lolstunning people and everybody using mics and shit and then they think the server is crap and full of minges and then they leave and never come back. But the thing they don't know, is that the server isn't always like that. Therefore we should only have OOC time when the server pop is low and its just regular users.

My creative moment has now depleted, I will think of more ideas later.
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:17 pm

I'll start being more liberal in the application of the Admin Boot of Kicking on the mic users and lolstunners. I mean, it's one thing when there's all of 3 people on, but the shit from last night, no. Fuck that. All OOC and no IC makes for a mad admin squad, and.....things happen.

The server provider does need a change, that's for sure. It's currently impossible for us to have a large population that enables all factions to have their fun without lag out the ass.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:51 am

Gremnkai wrote:I agree with almost all of these except for maybe the factions. Citizen would go try to go too crazy and put like "SUPER LEET REBEL FORCES" Admins would deny it as a result you would loose them from the server.
then nothing of value would've been lost, people like that aren't even supposed to be on the server, i'd rather just shoot them till they leave. Heck this one time this one idiot fail rper named gravy decided he was going to charswitch and avoid rp because he had contraband on him, it was an AR2 and some ammo, the failrper only got banned for 2 hours, but i really hope he NEVER comes back. People like that are trash.
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down