Latest topics
» You know what?
Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:56 pm by DIABLO258

» I won't leave you
Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:33 am by Trippy

» I wonder if
Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:58 pm by Gremnkai

» Good Memories.
Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:04 pm by General Bravo

» can't actually reply to anything
Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:46 pm by Moose_hater

» Not being able to reply - Fixed
Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:51 am by DIABLO258

» assdasdgfadgf
Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:07 am by Gremnkai

» Gotta shitpost to get to 1004 posts
Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:06 am by Gremnkai

» I'm in love wit a coco (Trippy <3)
Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:02 am by Gremnkai

» For anyone who still happens to visit here from time to time
Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:21 pm by DIABLO258


Enough is enough

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Enough is enough

Post  Ineptbird7 on Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:14 am

I will admit this is an odd time to post, and an even wierder time to snap. Regardless this is a direct call out to our server owners. DIABLO, And Gen. Bravo. Our server is dying or nearly dead, there are still people and players playing on it, and there are still loyal members to which they love T.c and would do anything for it. They are that type of player, but are you two that kind of owner? I rarely see you on, EVER. Not on a development server not on a test server, not the main server. Not even freaking playing gmod. DIABLO. I understand how hard it is to run a server, but that doesn't give you an excuse to not have your things straight.  There are many, many rules (which are small things, but they add up fast) that are quite silly. Such as... no rogues, no 10-7 units... I could go on, but I have other things to say.

GENERAL BRAVO. General of the OOC army.
Why, is all I have to ask.

Why is it that the owner is obviously non avaliable, and you are not doing your ic job and ooc job. To my knowledge, co-owners are supposed to keep the server alive while owner is not doing his job, or is busy. Thats why he appointed you isnt it? Further more reports are not being read icly, I can only blame you for one reason, not being on the server. In your defence... there is an ic report thread on the forums. But thats not stating why you are never on. And when you do decide to come on, you bomb citizens oocly, shoot at units oocly. Do everything ooc  until you leave without a word.

And both of you never answer, I repeat,  NEVER ANSWER my steam questions. I dont know if you two discuss the question and forget about me or what. Am I the only person you do this to?. But its annoying, pay attention. I may add that city 18 is NOT a fitting map anymore. We need a map change immediately, no questions,  no event, no arguments.  Just a freaking map switch right now. Icly city eighteen is fucked anyway, for a number of ic reasons. One, jaws' contacts from the outlands, two you freaking bombed the slums. Three you killed the city's main cwu vendor, may I add he was completely loyal to the union? Four city eighteen is a dark rp map. Five city eighteen had been our map for a long time, people are leaving not because its too utterly small, not enough room to do shit, but because of blandness, and boredom of the same god damn things. DIABLO I see you've been playing farcry three! Has vaas told you what the definition of insanity is?

"Doing the same fucking thing over and over and over again, and expecting shit to change"

I do not expect this to sway you in anyway however. As I honest believe you dont care. Prove me wrong. Save your server. And get your shit straight

-Ineptbird7, Operator of the once great, The crew gaming
avatar
Ineptbird7
Operator

Posts : 31
Join date : 2013-06-23
Age : 20
Location : Mi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Enough is enough

Post  General Bravo on Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:11 pm

Let us go over what we have to work with right now.

1. A playerbase that is 100% inactive, regardless of what I happen to be doing at any given time(and I have been on Gmod a lot recently, might I add).

2. A highly inactive staff.

3. A tendency of players to be unwilling to find or make RP, preferring to have it made for them.

4. A tendency to go for the factions and the items and not for the RP.

And, might I add, the "let's give the players free reign" ideas over at Maelstrom haven't exactly panned out well, now have they? I used to consider that place successful, but now with everyone getting their way, the RP got fucked and replaced by circlejerks.

Diablo stated, when TC originally went down, he did not want to be in a direct owner role again. Out of necessity he still holds some of that role, but most of it is on me. When I went to revive TC, I thought I had made it explicitly clear that while I can sit here and spit paragraphs about how awesome I am and how great TC is, none of it matters if I'm the only one doing anything. It's not like if I simply connect to the server it'll suddenly go to 10/20 out of nowhere.

Reports are read when they get done. They don't get done because no one even connects anymore, let alone RPs anything. All that has happened when people do connect lately is they wander around aimlessly not actually doing anything, waiting for something to happen, and then when it doesn't, they leave.

Yes, this server is primarily my responsibility at this point. My job is to provide a good environment conducive to good RP for those who wish to RP. Apparently nobody wishes to RP here. I am not going to waste my time nor anyone else's given the fact that most of the population here has made their choice, and that choice is not to stay here. Whether or not they have publicly announced it in a thread is utterly irrelevant.

At this point it is not my job to revive TC yet again simply because it is dead. It is you people's job to explain to me why I should do so. Otherwise, I have Star Wars RP to work on, Maelstrom to try and help get back on track before it becomes just as dead, and IRL work to do, and I can't take time away from that to be the only one left who gives a shit here.

Tl;dr it's not up to me where things go at this point, it's up to EVERYONE.

____________________
RP Characters:
Citizen:
Steven Davis-Alive-Citizen, in main district of City 18
Civil Protection:
CCA-C18-CmD.08292-Alive-Searching for APEX, hunting down the last surviving City 18 resistance members, and wiping out everyone who gets in his wayMuch has changed since days of old, but nothing changed what his mind holds.
Resistance:
Nick Bradford-Unknown-[STATUS UNKNOWN]


Former Supreme Military Commander of The Crew
Founder of The Event Horizon, that we may rise from the ashes.
avatar
General Bravo
Super Admin

Posts : 806
Join date : 2012-08-22
Age : 23
Location : Orbiting Earth on his Super Star Destroyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Enough is enough

Post  HollerHavoc on Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:10 pm

General Bravo wrote:Let us go over what we have to work with right now.

1. A playerbase that is 100% inactive, regardless of what I happen to be doing at any given time(and I have been on Gmod a lot recently, might I add).

2. A highly inactive staff.

3. A tendency of players to be unwilling to find or make RP, preferring to have it made for them.

4. A tendency to go for the factions and the items and not for the RP.

And, might I add, the "let's give the players free reign" ideas over at Maelstrom haven't exactly panned out well, now have they? I used to consider that place successful, but now with everyone getting their way, the RP got fucked and replaced by circlejerks.

Diablo stated, when TC originally went down, he did not want to be in a direct owner role again. Out of necessity he still holds some of that role, but most of it is on me. When I went to revive TC, I thought I had made it explicitly clear that while I can sit here and spit paragraphs about how awesome I am and how great TC is, none of it matters if I'm the only one doing anything. It's not like if I simply connect to the server it'll suddenly go to 10/20 out of nowhere.

Reports are read when they get done. They don't get done because no one even connects anymore, let alone RPs anything. All that has happened when people do connect lately is they wander around aimlessly not actually doing anything, waiting for something to happen, and then when it doesn't, they leave.

Yes, this server is primarily my responsibility at this point. My job is to provide a good environment conducive to good RP for those who wish to RP. Apparently nobody wishes to RP here. I am not going to waste my time nor anyone else's given the fact that most of the population here has made their choice, and that choice is not to stay here. Whether or not they have publicly announced it in a thread is utterly irrelevant.

At this point it is not my job to revive TC yet again simply because it is dead. It is you people's job to explain to me why I should do so. Otherwise, I have Star Wars RP to work on, Maelstrom to try and help get back on track before it becomes just as dead, and IRL work to do, and I can't take time away from that to be the only one left who gives a shit here.

Tl;dr it's not up to me where things go at this point, it's up to EVERYONE.

I agree with a lot of what Ineptbird is saying, it may be a little harsh or renegade but it is to the point, it coincides with what I said in the "Step Up our Game" Thread. And another thing, this post is pretty pessimistic, I mean if you want to get things done, you have to want to try as the owner, Pessimism is no way of doing that. TC can honestly be revived, that was not reviving it, that was pulling it out of the dirt, jolting it with a defibrillator but not tending to its wounds, allowing it to slowly die again and just watch. Nothing really deserves to be gave up on, especially when it was literally the most amazing server at one point.

"1. A playerbase that is 100% inactive, regardless of what I happen to be doing at any given time(and I have been on Gmod a lot recently, might I add)."

First of all, General, why exactly do you think the player base is inactive? They literally have no motivation to play because of all the bullshit things that happen in game that could be easily fixed, OOC, faulty rule structure, because of so much, because of the map, because of how stale RP was, because of how OOC certain staff was, Because of all the action rp arguments, because of corrosion, confinement, bullshit map changes, char pk's that were over huge arguments, meta accumulation, and much more, much much more, All of which the players knew about and therefore the staff and you knew about, which we have been trying to fix for so long by adding in things and adjusting rules, but we all know where that went, into the gutter because of constant denial of literally everything or just pure laziness.

"2. A highly inactive staff."

Well, from what I've seen, we always have Dark, Slash, Chris, You, Inept, Apparently now Core, and I which is enough. Staff have to same reason as users to not play, many of their voices are heard as the same as users as well in all honesty. Motivation is the key to keeping the population active you have to live as a user, you have to have a diverse mind set to be compatible with the population.


"3. A tendency of players to be unwilling to find or make RP, preferring to have it made for them."

This I only partially agree with, but it honestly is just a vivid side effect of loss of motivation, why do people get bored of all the drama and such in the server as a result of all it's faults that could so freaking EASILY be fixed.


4. A tendency to go for the factions and the items and not for the RP.

And, might I add, the "let's give the players free reign" ideas over at Maelstrom haven't exactly panned out well, now have they? I used to consider that place successful, but now with everyone getting their way, the RP got fucked and replaced by circlejerks.


Simply, this is a metaphor that if you give a dog 1 treat for doing a trick each time but all of a sudden you lose your authority and give in too drastically to the dog and then give him 3 treats, he is now going to expect and want 3 treats each time, if you then drastically rip a luxury like that away from him, especially if you feed him 3 treats more than once, he is going to get angry and constantly beg, and feel unmotivated and basically just say, "screw you arf arf" to the owner mind the pun, but it's true. HOWEVER if you do this in a controlled manner, by giving him these 3 treats and slowly breaking off small pieces each time until you are feeding him 2.5 treats and work down slowly each time to 2 and then back to 1, you are now back to normal. Maelstrom has just done this, which is fine, it doesn't mean "HOPE IS LOST GIVE UP NOW!!!!"



A lot of what you are saying honestly contradicts itself, the reports for example, seriously, the only reason people don't get on is because of all the other reasons, not because of the reports!

Man, if you are the owner, you need to have a more realistic view on things and stop thinking everything is pointless, it's only pointless if you make it that way, just start doing things, considering, all we have to do is starting adding these ideas and fixes we are coming up with, ACTUALLY adding them, not putting them off, which obviously then lies in Diablo's or your hands. We need to start experimenting, I mean what do we even have to lose anymore?

You are right everyone needs to help, but everyone doesn't want to help why? reasons that have been clearly stated, they will only want to help when you want to help and start working to make things better for the server, and make it a fun RP experience like it was before. I have full faith in you Bravo, I am sure mostly everybody does, you are completely capable of stepping up your game and healing TC's wounds.

____________________
Colonel SA Of TC

IC Characters

CCA-C18-HELIX-DvL.64007: Alive, Observing over his divisions units/Enhancing his OCULUS AUG.

Jenny Lanes: Alive, Finding her ground, Hope far from leaving her.

Doug Suddler: Alive, Surviving his way and his way only.

Hak'Navel: Alive, Freed Using his power to help The Great Rose and the rest of the Lambda and is thankful for his saviors.

Daniel Fernandez: Alive, Level 5 CWU, Doing whatever he possibly can to benefit the CCA.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

avatar
HollerHavoc
Super Admin

Posts : 606
Join date : 2013-01-06
Age : 99
Location : The Underdepths Of Flamboria.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Let me say..

Post  ElderViking on Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:26 pm

I left on a "Hiatus" To decide whether to even come back to TC.

It became apparent once the population died it was because of the map, the map is boring as shit.
Let me re-iderate, last time I went on the server, I wanted to get off, my reasons were and still are solid, you are both slacking off, I have seen Diablo on ONCE, and I have seen you on maybe once or twice the whole time.
I get so bored, that I have compared being on the server as something I'd rather skip and shove a pineapple up my rectum sideways, I must say that going on and there are so little options any more, I can literally come up with a bunch of reasons I could do anything I want on that server, I mean seriously, I took my character and stole the gun right out of a CCA's holster, beat the shit out of Zaughi's character, and ran into the slums, it's just the same old thing over and over again, the passiveRP in the plaza is just a circle jerk for people OOCing everything, and when it's not boring as shit passive RP it's people making ghetto black people characters and going around being like "WHERE THE BOOTAY AT" and it throws me off my RPing, too much bullshit goes on and there's no admins on the server to stop it.
TL;DR: The server is fucking boring, and you aren't doing anything to stop it, don't say it's in Our hands because it's not, you are the ones who won't change a thing, the map has been a problem forever, even before I came around, when I did, the moment I got here everyone was complaining. It's bullshit.


Last edited by ElderViking on Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

____________________
The door cracks open.. But there's no sun shinin' through, No, there's no sun shinin' through..
avatar
ElderViking

Posts : 46
Join date : 2013-12-30
Age : 19
Location : Newfoundland, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Enough is enough

Post  Atlas on Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:41 pm

Cactor=Fully right. This community had it's chance and now it is fucking gone.

____________________
Characters:
Citizen; Dexter Pearce-Starting to look for trouble...
Citizen; Ryan Simpson-Just chillin', going fucking crazy.
Citizen; Hank Lamar-Trying to make the world a brighter place, without even knowing it.
CCA; CCA-C18-HELIX-03.79645-Doing the best damn job he can, studying human psychology.


You can dig your own grave as deep as you want. There is always another person to bury you.
avatar
Atlas
Platinum Donator

Posts : 159
Join date : 2013-07-24
Age : 19
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Enough is enough

Post  General Bravo on Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:56 pm

Given that you quite publicly announced that you had gone, I consider both your views utterly irrelevant. TC is better served getting new players than trying to cater to old ones who just won't be satisfied.


Last edited by General Bravo on Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

____________________
RP Characters:
Citizen:
Steven Davis-Alive-Citizen, in main district of City 18
Civil Protection:
CCA-C18-CmD.08292-Alive-Searching for APEX, hunting down the last surviving City 18 resistance members, and wiping out everyone who gets in his wayMuch has changed since days of old, but nothing changed what his mind holds.
Resistance:
Nick Bradford-Unknown-[STATUS UNKNOWN]


Former Supreme Military Commander of The Crew
Founder of The Event Horizon, that we may rise from the ashes.
avatar
General Bravo
Super Admin

Posts : 806
Join date : 2012-08-22
Age : 23
Location : Orbiting Earth on his Super Star Destroyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Enough is enough

Post  Gremnkai on Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:02 pm

So you remove his post. Seems like the mature thing to do.

____________________
---------------------------------------------------
If you are depressed, you are living in the past
If you are anxious, you are living in the future
If you are at peace, you are living in the present
- Lao Tzu

Hello am 48 year man from somalia. Sorry for my bed england. I selled my wife for internet connection for play "legend league" and i want to become the goodest player like you I play with 400 ping on brazil server and i am challenger 2. pls no copy pasterino my story.
avatar
Gremnkai
Respected

Posts : 493
Join date : 2012-08-30
Age : 21
Location : U wunt sum fuq?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Enough is enough

Post  Slashraider on Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:04 pm

Gremnkai wrote:So you remove his post. Seems like the mature thing to do.

Once you're banned from the forums you are not allowed to make another account to bypass it

____________________
Admin Of TC
Janitor Of TC
Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Patrick Croke - Trying to start his own business and relaxing in his apartment.
Loyalist(s) :
Patrick Free - Slowly recovering from his insanity and he is starting to work at the CWU Goods Store and the Hospital again.
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
CCA-C45-S2-GHOST-EpU.32789 - Bringing the GHOST division back to life.
Anti-citizen(s) :
Lucy "Hera" Dellgott - Helping Jenny run the Resistance and maintaining the medical division in the Lambda.


avatar
Slashraider
Admin

Posts : 545
Join date : 2013-03-21
Age : 19
Location : Virginia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Enough is enough

Post  General Bravo on Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:09 pm

And, for the record, I removed nothing.

I grow tired of this discussion. The simplest solution is just to connect now and then. Seeing something besides a consecutive 0/20 indicates that efforts into event planning and such do not become wasted time.

DO NOT waste my time.

____________________
RP Characters:
Citizen:
Steven Davis-Alive-Citizen, in main district of City 18
Civil Protection:
CCA-C18-CmD.08292-Alive-Searching for APEX, hunting down the last surviving City 18 resistance members, and wiping out everyone who gets in his wayMuch has changed since days of old, but nothing changed what his mind holds.
Resistance:
Nick Bradford-Unknown-[STATUS UNKNOWN]


Former Supreme Military Commander of The Crew
Founder of The Event Horizon, that we may rise from the ashes.
avatar
General Bravo
Super Admin

Posts : 806
Join date : 2012-08-22
Age : 23
Location : Orbiting Earth on his Super Star Destroyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Enough is enough

Post  Gremnkai on Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:10 pm

He wasn't banned actually (As I checked the banned list and his name his not there). And many times in the past that rule had been bypassed with literally no consequences.
avatar
Gremnkai
Respected

Posts : 493
Join date : 2012-08-30
Age : 21
Location : U wunt sum fuq?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Enough is enough

Post  General Bravo on Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:12 pm

Then perhaps it is time I unleash more real consequences. Enough is indeed enough.

____________________
RP Characters:
Citizen:
Steven Davis-Alive-Citizen, in main district of City 18
Civil Protection:
CCA-C18-CmD.08292-Alive-Searching for APEX, hunting down the last surviving City 18 resistance members, and wiping out everyone who gets in his wayMuch has changed since days of old, but nothing changed what his mind holds.
Resistance:
Nick Bradford-Unknown-[STATUS UNKNOWN]


Former Supreme Military Commander of The Crew
Founder of The Event Horizon, that we may rise from the ashes.
avatar
General Bravo
Super Admin

Posts : 806
Join date : 2012-08-22
Age : 23
Location : Orbiting Earth on his Super Star Destroyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Enough is enough

Post  Cereal on Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:01 pm

General Bravo wrote:Given that you quite publicly announced that you had gone, I consider both your views utterly irrelevant. TC is better served getting new players than trying to cater to old ones who just won't be satisfied.
op?

____________________
avatar
Cereal

Posts : 55
Join date : 2013-07-17
Age : 102
Location : I ONLY DRINK ENERGY DRINKS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Enough is enough

Post  Atlas on Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:33 pm

General Bravo wrote:I consider both your views utterly irrelevant.
The way I feel about this community is because of the time I spent here. IT IS NOT IRRELEVANT. It is exactly what any sort of new player will feel too.
General Bravo wrote:DO NOT waste my time.
Your time is no more precious than mine, so don't act like it.
General Bravo wrote:Then perhaps it is time I unleash more real consequences. Enough is indeed enough.
Threats against people usually results in uncooperative behaviour, so don't abuse your higher power in a condescending manner, people hate it (especially myself).

____________________
Characters:
Citizen; Dexter Pearce-Starting to look for trouble...
Citizen; Ryan Simpson-Just chillin', going fucking crazy.
Citizen; Hank Lamar-Trying to make the world a brighter place, without even knowing it.
CCA; CCA-C18-HELIX-03.79645-Doing the best damn job he can, studying human psychology.


You can dig your own grave as deep as you want. There is always another person to bury you.
avatar
Atlas
Platinum Donator

Posts : 159
Join date : 2013-07-24
Age : 19
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Enough is enough

Post  General Bravo on Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:42 pm

A new player wouldn't really know what to think or expect. Otherwise they wouldn't be very new, now would they? But I can't be wasting time looking over opinions of people who have said they want nothing to do with this place.

The fact that it's my time notwithstanding, my time is still more important because I'm the one who's being expected to fix each and every little problem people have right now, where as you, again, have left. So no, in this situation, your time is not more important or less important. Rather, it isn't even involved, because you removed yourself from the equation.

And I threaten nothing but more strict order. If you view that as a threat, then, seriously, I don't know why you're still sitting here posting in reply to somebody who's "threatening" and "condescending."

____________________
RP Characters:
Citizen:
Steven Davis-Alive-Citizen, in main district of City 18
Civil Protection:
CCA-C18-CmD.08292-Alive-Searching for APEX, hunting down the last surviving City 18 resistance members, and wiping out everyone who gets in his wayMuch has changed since days of old, but nothing changed what his mind holds.
Resistance:
Nick Bradford-Unknown-[STATUS UNKNOWN]


Former Supreme Military Commander of The Crew
Founder of The Event Horizon, that we may rise from the ashes.
avatar
General Bravo
Super Admin

Posts : 806
Join date : 2012-08-22
Age : 23
Location : Orbiting Earth on his Super Star Destroyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Enough is enough

Post  Cereal on Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:56 pm

General Bravo wrote:A new player wouldn't really know what to think or expect. Otherwise they wouldn't be very new, now would they? But I can't be wasting time looking over opinions of people who have said they want nothing to do with this place.

The fact that it's my time notwithstanding, my time is still more important because I'm the one who's being expected to fix each and every little problem people have right now, where as you, again, have left. So no, in this situation, your time is not more important or less important. Rather, it isn't even involved, because you removed yourself from the equation.

And I threaten nothing but more strict order. If you view that as a threat, then, seriously, I don't know why you're still sitting here posting in reply to somebody who's "threatening" and "condescending."


You can't be wasting your time to look at other people's opinions?
From the way you're wording things, you're making it look like you're the master-race and we're all Jewish.
If you want participation and support such as the support I gave TC a month ago, maybe you should start appealing to other's opinions instead of letting a cycle of servers dying happen again.
If you think that our time is no more important than yours, then why are you making us hear your opinion, while you cast ours to the side to preach yours?

**adding more shit

btw Bravo, as in new players, we mean new regulars. Those who are new to the community, not HL2RP at whole. 99% of HL2RP's community has stereotypes imprinted into their brains, probably similar to mine, and will instantly like or dislike TC on their first ten minutes of playing on the server. Now you know what's that been? Mainly dislike. Maybe you should appeal to the common regular's opinion to patch up the shitty little stereotype that we have on the server now. And that follows up as a community at whole.
That means:
-Staff
-Whitelisted
-Regulars
-Content
-And map.

____________________
avatar
Cereal

Posts : 55
Join date : 2013-07-17
Age : 102
Location : I ONLY DRINK ENERGY DRINKS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Enough is enough

Post  General Bravo on Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:06 pm

I cast aside the opinions of people who are leaving. Why? Because they aren't going to be here anymore. Why should I focus on what people who are just leaving anyway think when I should be focusing on a: getting the server operational, b: bringing in new players, and c: retaining the people who still actually want to be here. And before you say some of the stuff you folks have been saying goes into A, the issue with that is a lot of it is just blaming staff(or me directly)for everything, as if nobody else has any effect on the situation whatsoever. Hate to break it to you, but they do. As a matter of fact, everyone really kind of shares the blame. We are far past the time where we could get to 11/30 just by having a staff meeting. Other people need to connect. We can't have events all the time for several reasons, so people need to actually RP with each other. Neither has been happening.

People just going ahead and leaving does not help the population situation, and as such I view that as being just part of the problem.

EDIT: Frankly, HL2RP is a dying RP form. There's only so many different ways you can go about the same idea before that happens. Personally, I don't think we've quite exhausted everything yet, but I already have the gears in motion to move on when the day finally does come. But that day isn't today. Different servers do things different ways, believe it or not. It doesn't cover the fact that HL2RP is inevitably bound to die relatively soon with how long it's been around, but again, that time isn't now.

____________________
RP Characters:
Citizen:
Steven Davis-Alive-Citizen, in main district of City 18
Civil Protection:
CCA-C18-CmD.08292-Alive-Searching for APEX, hunting down the last surviving City 18 resistance members, and wiping out everyone who gets in his wayMuch has changed since days of old, but nothing changed what his mind holds.
Resistance:
Nick Bradford-Unknown-[STATUS UNKNOWN]


Former Supreme Military Commander of The Crew
Founder of The Event Horizon, that we may rise from the ashes.
avatar
General Bravo
Super Admin

Posts : 806
Join date : 2012-08-22
Age : 23
Location : Orbiting Earth on his Super Star Destroyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Enough is enough

Post  Zaughi on Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:49 am

General Bravo, I am sorry, but I must disagree with you here. The regulars who are LEAVING the community are a valuable resource and a means to learn from our mistakes. If you figure out why they left, you can work out those problems so we won't lose anyone else to that problem in the future. It is true that we shouldn't be blaming you for this, but you're the one in charge here. You need to step up and take control of this situation before we lose more players. The problems with our community have been listed, so you can fix them or lose more players. It's your choice.

____________________
Owner of The Terminal Gaming


                           Combine Units:

(C18) CCA-C18-CORE-04-24659: Living the thug life, abusing citizens.
__________________________________________________________________

                            Citizens/Resistance

(C18) Garry "The Weasel" Cubbarnes: Escaping the city with his new friend, trying to regain his memories.
_________________________________________________________________
(C18) Pavelmir Chernikov: Forming za Russian Mafia, comrade.
_________________________________________________________________
(C17) Friedhelm Schroder: Owning the CWU Homegoods store, being a hardcore Loyalist.
avatar
Zaughi

Posts : 225
Join date : 2013-04-29
Age : 103
Location : Black Mesa Research Facility, New Mexico

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Enough is enough

Post  HollerHavoc on Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:25 pm

Zaughi wrote:General Bravo, I am sorry, but I must disagree with you here. The regulars who are LEAVING the community are a valuable resource and a means to learn from our mistakes. If you figure out why they left, you can work out those problems so we won't lose anyone else to that problem in the future. It is true that we shouldn't be blaming you for this, but you're the one in charge here. You need to step up and take control of this situation before we lose more players. The problems with our community have been listed, so you can fix them or lose more players. It's your choice.

Yeah that's what I already said to him in steam last night, learn from that, build upon that, so that those regulars who "left" :Pwill be interested in potentially returning, and other new regulars who join won't leave for the exact same reason they left, we just have to fix things all around.

____________________
Colonel SA Of TC

IC Characters

CCA-C18-HELIX-DvL.64007: Alive, Observing over his divisions units/Enhancing his OCULUS AUG.

Jenny Lanes: Alive, Finding her ground, Hope far from leaving her.

Doug Suddler: Alive, Surviving his way and his way only.

Hak'Navel: Alive, Freed Using his power to help The Great Rose and the rest of the Lambda and is thankful for his saviors.

Daniel Fernandez: Alive, Level 5 CWU, Doing whatever he possibly can to benefit the CCA.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

avatar
HollerHavoc
Super Admin

Posts : 606
Join date : 2013-01-06
Age : 99
Location : The Underdepths Of Flamboria.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Enough is enough

Post  Chris10023 on Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:50 pm

General Bravo wrote:I cast aside the opinions of people who are leaving. Why? Because they aren't going to be here anymore.

That's ignorant, those people can always return, they either leave because they're bored, or for other reasons. They have as much of a right to a valid opinion as someone who's active, there voice should be heard as well.


General Bravo wrote:Let us go over what we have to work with right now.

1. A playerbase that is 100% inactive, regardless of what I happen to be doing at any given time(and I have been on Gmod a lot recently, might I add).

2. A highly inactive staff.

3. A tendency of players to be unwilling to find or make RP, preferring to have it made for them.

4. A tendency to go for the factions and the items and not for the RP.

1. it's not 100% inactive, I still see some people coming on and RPing, there was some yesterday.

2. the inactive staff members are: Mahunik, Noobstrike, Diablo, and on and off General Bravo.

3. I don't see this enough, I never see people complaining how there are no events or shit very often.

4. Where do you see this? People use the CCA like they should, the CWU can't because stores don't open often, and don't get many cutomers.


General Bravo wrote:Reports are read when they get done. They don't get done because no one even connects anymore, let alone RPs anything.

Maybe because there's no incentive to be flagged up? You wanted that position, but you don't do anything to keep the CCA faction alive, you don't read reports, you don't rank people up, you complain about people circlejerking in the CAH, but you Circlejerk in the nexus as CmD.

General Bravo wrote:I grow tired of this discussion.

Why? You don't do much to contribute to the server, whenever you're on you're either afk in a corner or mingeing about, here's some pictures I have of you being OOC: http://imgur.com/a/ydVZh

General Bravo wrote:The fact that it's my time notwithstanding, my time is still more important because I'm the one who's being expected to fix each and every little problem people have right now, where as you, again, have left. So no, in this situation, your time is not more important or less important. Rather, it isn't even involved, because you removed yourself from the equation.

I don't give a damn if Atlas left, his opinions still count, he can always return if he wanted to.

Cereal wrote:You can't be wasting your time to look at other people's opinions?
From the way you're wording things, you're making it look like you're the master-race and we're all Jewish.
If you want participation and support such as the support I gave TC a month ago, maybe you should start appealing to other's opinions instead of letting a cycle of servers dying happen again.
If you think that our time is no more important than yours, then why are you making us hear your opinion, while you cast ours to the side to preach yours?

I agree with what you said Cereal.

____________________
Admin of The Crew.
Citizens:
Steven Johnson - ALIVE - Spending his time inside his apartment.
Duke Dastardly - ALIVE - Looking for an apartment in the CAH.
CCA:
CORE-DvL.38074 - ALIVE - Doing reports and keeping order.
Resistance:
Jim Tenma - ALIVE - Tying to find out what happened to Stacy.

"Anonymity brings that element of conflict to the surface. It corrupts. Turns good people horrible and horrible people into something unspeakable." - Arby, "Arby n' the Chief' By Jon Graham
avatar
Chris10023
Admin

Posts : 165
Join date : 2012-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Enough is enough

Post  Noobstrike on Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:18 pm

guys guys guysguysguys
PLEASE
breath.

I feel like I'm looking at a word represenation of a bunch of africans trying to throw out their 176th dictator.
This is not a 1776 viva la revolution scenario.
Stop pressuring bravo so much.

YES you are absolutely 100% all allowed to disagree with him and anyone else, but don't all mob one person at once and make things all damn tense.
Clouds up any possibility of still being civil and allowing people to compromise and make good idea.

Not everyone (some you do though) understand the tension and strain of being given the title "owner/leader." theres no one to look up to. people expect a shit ton from you.

give bravo some breathing room, most of us (including me) would make many more fuck ups and errors than he may have.

____________________
Dubwub is gey.
Hipsters are gey.
Emos are gey.
Attention Whores are gey.
Swag is gey.
Yolo is gey.
#SWAQYOLFKONY2013 is not gey.
RK

avatar
Noobstrike
Super Admin

Posts : 628
Join date : 2012-08-20
Age : 19
Location : In a size 8976394379209 shoebox.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Enough is enough

Post  Atlas on Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:25 pm

Chris10023 wrote:
I don't give a damn if Atlas left, his opinions still count, he can always return if he wanted to.
First of all, thank you.

Second,
Noobstrike wrote:
give bravo some breathing room, most of us (including me) would make many more fuck ups and errors than he may have.
I don't give a fuck about the fuck ups he has made or how many fuck ups "most of us" would've made. Mistakes can be pardoned because, like you said, everyone can fuck up. That doesn't give him a reason to be ignorant towards us.

____________________
Characters:
Citizen; Dexter Pearce-Starting to look for trouble...
Citizen; Ryan Simpson-Just chillin', going fucking crazy.
Citizen; Hank Lamar-Trying to make the world a brighter place, without even knowing it.
CCA; CCA-C18-HELIX-03.79645-Doing the best damn job he can, studying human psychology.


You can dig your own grave as deep as you want. There is always another person to bury you.
avatar
Atlas
Platinum Donator

Posts : 159
Join date : 2013-07-24
Age : 19
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Enough is enough

Post  Noobstrike on Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:58 pm

Atlas wrote:


I don't give a fuck about the fuck ups he has made or how many fuck ups "most of us" would've made. Mistakes can be pardoned because, like you said, everyone can fuck up. That doesn't give him a reason to be ignorant towards us.

"I don't give a fuck" is not much less ignorant.
You ask for your opinion to be valued when you blatantly make a perfect example of the opposite right there.

My point is not to point out hypothetical "what if's".

It's to make you understand a shitty attitude for anyone on this forum, and blaming several things on one person at once pressuring the hell out of them, is NOT going to help anyone or anything.
No Bravo should not be being ignorant to anyone, opinions should be at least read.
But it's his choice on how highly to value them, and how to react to them.

this is not a session of dr.phil i mean jeez its a forum for garrysmod can we please not murder each other we are discussing a game holy fuq

____________________
Dubwub is gey.
Hipsters are gey.
Emos are gey.
Attention Whores are gey.
Swag is gey.
Yolo is gey.
#SWAQYOLFKONY2013 is not gey.
RK

avatar
Noobstrike
Super Admin

Posts : 628
Join date : 2012-08-20
Age : 19
Location : In a size 8976394379209 shoebox.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Enough is enough

Post  Atlas on Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:06 pm

Noobstrike wrote:
Atlas wrote:


I don't give a fuck about the fuck ups he has made or how many fuck ups "most of us" would've made. Mistakes can be pardoned because, like you said, everyone can fuck up. That doesn't give him a reason to be ignorant towards us.

"I don't give a fuck" is not much less ignorant.
That's out of context. I don't give a fuck about his fuck ups. I'll let them pass because I know everyone can screw up. I'm not being ignorant, just being nice enough to know that minor screw ups are admissible.

Noobstrike wrote:jeez its a forum for garrysmod
Exactly! So he shouldn't exactly be feeling that pressured by an online community.

____________________
Characters:
Citizen; Dexter Pearce-Starting to look for trouble...
Citizen; Ryan Simpson-Just chillin', going fucking crazy.
Citizen; Hank Lamar-Trying to make the world a brighter place, without even knowing it.
CCA; CCA-C18-HELIX-03.79645-Doing the best damn job he can, studying human psychology.


You can dig your own grave as deep as you want. There is always another person to bury you.
avatar
Atlas
Platinum Donator

Posts : 159
Join date : 2013-07-24
Age : 19
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Enough is enough

Post  Cergis on Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:18 pm

Chris10023 wrote:
General Bravo wrote:I cast aside the opinions of people who are leaving. Why? Because they aren't going to be here anymore.

That's ignorant, those people can always return, they either leave because they're bored, or for other reasons. They have as much of a right to a valid opinion as someone who's active, there voice should be heard as well.


General Bravo wrote:Let us go over what we have to work with right now.

1. A playerbase that is 100% inactive, regardless of what I happen to be doing at any given time(and I have been on Gmod a lot recently, might I add).

2. A highly inactive staff.

3. A tendency of players to be unwilling to find or make RP, preferring to have it made for them.

4. A tendency to go for the factions and the items and not for the RP.

1. it's not 100% inactive, I still see some people coming on and RPing, there was some yesterday.

2. the inactive staff members are: Mahunik, Noobstrike, Diablo, and on and off General Bravo.

3. I don't see this enough, I never see people complaining how there are no events or shit very often.

4. Where do you see this? People use the CCA like they should, the CWU can't because stores don't open often, and don't get many cutomers.


General Bravo wrote:Reports are read when they get done. They don't get done because no one even connects anymore, let alone RPs anything.

Maybe because there's no incentive to be flagged up? You wanted that position, but you don't do anything to keep the CCA faction alive, you don't read reports, you don't rank people up, you complain about people circlejerking in the CAH, but you Circlejerk in the nexus as CmD.

General Bravo wrote:I grow tired of this discussion.

Why? You don't do much to contribute to the server, whenever you're on you're either afk in a corner or mingeing about, here's some pictures I have of you being OOC: http://imgur.com/a/ydVZh

General Bravo wrote:The fact that it's my time notwithstanding, my time is still more important because I'm the one who's being expected to fix each and every little problem people have right now, where as you, again, have left. So no, in this situation, your time is not more important or less important. Rather, it isn't even involved, because you removed yourself from the equation.

I don't give a damn if Atlas left, his opinions still count, he can always return if he wanted to.

Cereal wrote:You can't be wasting your time to look at other people's opinions?
From the way you're wording things, you're making it look like you're the master-race and we're all Jewish.
If you want participation and support such as the support I gave TC a month ago, maybe you should start appealing to other's opinions instead of letting a cycle of servers dying happen again.
If you think that our time is no more important than yours, then why are you making us hear your opinion, while you cast ours to the side to preach yours?

I agree with what you said Cereal.

Bravo, I'm starting to judge you because of your position, I understand you're stressed, but I've seen you OOC so many times in a server trying to get IC, like today, I knew you just went everywhere spawning CmD's everywhere and IW's. You act like a child, grow up and see what the users and people around you want, I hope you see this. I also judge you for your admin position. You are not important, neither are us, but if it were us and you together, it would be perfect, you're not the master race, what cereal said, that's my say.

____________________
Citizens
Alex 'Scar' McKinley: Dead from Helix DvL


Combine Civil Authority]
CCA.HELIX.03.90005

Vortigaunts
Vash'Nagul

CWU
John Kinnadey

Gif to large
avatar
Cergis

Posts : 273
Join date : 2013-01-06
Age : 17
Location : Minnesota

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Enough is enough

Post  DIABLO258 on Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:17 am

Sorry that I'm in therapy, night-school, alternative high school, and I have a job.
One thing I do not like about all of your arguments is that you do not consider the fact that any of us are human beings.

I went out of my way to create TC. Do you know how much god damn time and blood I put into this place? If you dare say that I don't care about this community I will personally erase you from my memory.

First thing is first. Life. Its fucked.
My life at the moment is a pile of shit swirling into an even larger pile of shit called "You fucked up".
Now one thing is for sure, things arnt good. But let me tell you this right now, THEY WERE NEVER GOOD. At least not for me.

Why do I enjoy spending time on Farcry and not TC? Because you don't understand. Fuck it. I spend my time in any game other than TC, because I get some PEACE AND QUIET. Shit man, last year my hands bled because of this place. I worked and cut my hands up, then I would come home and keep fucking typing for you guys. I didn't give a shit about anything else, it was TC that mattered. That is what I wanted to work. But no. Why didn't it work? Because LIFE.

I'm sorry I cannot be there as much as I used too. But, man, im not in a good spot. In the next 5 years or so the chances of me even being alive are low. So for a moment I had to put it all down. I had to focus on school and shit. But that didnt work for me, no, I wanted to work with TC. So you know what the school did after I couldn't stop trying to leave? they put me in therapy. Now I have to sit down and talk to some lady every week because the school thinks im fucked in the head, because of TC.

I havent been on because my life is not fun. I see no reason to spend my time WORKING in a Garrys Mod server if all I will get out of it is a chore. Being depressed and Owning a server can screw with your mind, man. Suicide was an option for awhile, but I said screw that. Maybe I should just start running? Nah... Maybe I should remove everything in my name and then off myself so no one even knew I existed? Nah... THESE ARE THE THOUGHTS I HAVE DAILY. More than that. Hourly. Fuck. ALL THE DAMN TIME. And you know the best part? You guys used to be my cure. I would come and RP everyday because our stories were so gripping that I lost my own story and was happy again.
But no... a long time ago I noticed it wasnt the same. Somehow TC was turned into something different... I kept working, but you guys became aggressive. It was greed. Power hungry admins. It was... strange. You all made me sad.

Now, I know that this place is an achievement. I built it, watched you people play with it, watched you people build it.
But then you know what, it died. It died a natural death. A heroic death, one that wouldn't be forgotten. AND NOW LOOK. It was brought back. Back from the dead. Against my will. I let it happen because I couldn't say no to the exact same reason I created TC. It wouldn't have made sense to me.

But you know the saying.

"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain." And that's exactly what happened.
It was all of your ideas that brought TC back. Not me. After it was made again, I wanted you all to stay here until money ran out, then you all would leave and this place would remain a tomb for what once was.

Now you have all ruined it. You have ruined my home. You have ruined my creation. You have ruined me. TheCrew is now a home to nothing but the sad arguments of people chasing something that doesn't exist. The perfect RP is not real. It never will be. What you guys want now will change in a matter of weeks, but not for all of you. The two groups will then split and argue and only one will get its way. Thus causing more fights.
With all of that being said, thank you. I wouldn't be who I am today without all this crazy shit going on.
I love TC. But I think you all stabbed it once to much. You all should have let TC die months ago like I wanted.

My suggestion is start over. Go and make something of your own. Leave me and my sad little creation to be alone with eachother. None of us deserve to even be here anymore. TheCrew once meant something. But you've all butchered it, thinking it owes you something. Not only that, but you worked me too. I only have so much time and energy. You all know how often I am online. How I would always respond. I was always there. I always had some plan. I always tried keeping you all happy. But you tore me to pieces and shouted "MORE!" and im sorry but... I can only take so much.

---------

After this last month is up (Feb), I want TC to die.
I want everyone to move onto what ever the next RP solution is. Whether it be Bravos community, Silvers community, Zaughi's community, I don't care. Just please. Don't make me watch my proudest creation get burnt right infront of me. This was the only thing I really am proud of. and you are all killing it, again. TC should have been left dead. Period.

PS: And I am serious about going and making your own. Its not easy, but its possible. And I suggest you try it. Its fun and it is entertaining to be able to play around with all the settings and tools your old Owner would use. Go ahead and make your own RP world. See how it works out. Then tell me what its like after its riddled with arguments, unless you can keep it alive and clean unlike TC.

PSS: You, ineptbird, you piss me off.
I never wanted TC to go through this. You say I don't care. Fuck you. I came close to dying because of the fucked up things this place had me doing. And actually, I most likely will die! Becuase of TC my school career is fucked! Unless... of course... you want me to drop it all AGAIN and save TheCrew from its SECOND death, because YOU want me too. I never asked to bring TC back. So please, don't tell me what to do and stay the hell away from my thoughts.


Last edited by DIABLO258 on Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:41 am; edited 2 times in total

____________________
Always watching.

IC Characters:
CCA-C45-APEX.88052/John Partell - MISSING
Joe Partell - DEAD
Lok'Tar - ALIVE
Harold Kert - DEAD
Dexter Surbs - ALIVE
The G-Man - UNKNOWN


Owner of The Crew.
avatar
DIABLO258
Owner

Posts : 1010
Join date : 2012-07-21
Age : 21
Location : Minnesota

View user profile http://thecrew.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Enough is enough

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum