» assdasdgfadgf
Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:07 am by Gremnkai

» Gotta shitpost to get to 1004 posts
Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:06 am by Gremnkai

» I'm in love wit a coco (Trippy <3)
Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:02 am by Gremnkai

» For anyone who still happens to visit here from time to time
Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:21 pm by DIABLO258

So are we going to do anything to help TC?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

So are we going to do anything to help TC?

Post  Slashraider on Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:02 pm

I see it's dying bad, but no one is doing anything to help, we are all just losing hope.... A server won't live unless you believe in it.

Shea Vegas - DEAD
Patrick Croke - Trying to start his own business and relaxing in his apartment.
Loyalist(s) :
Patrick Free - Slowly recovering from his insanity and he is starting to work at the CWU Goods Store and the Hospital again.
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
CCA-C45-S2-GHOST-EpU.32789 - Bringing the GHOST division back to life.
Anti-citizen(s) :
Lucy "Hera" Dellgott - Helping Jenny run the Resistance and maintaining the medical division in the Lambda.

Slashraider
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So are we going to do anything to help TC?

Post  Mahunik on Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:11 pm

I get on most days for a few hours but the reason we're dying is because of maelstrom, it's already sucked more then 4 members away from us. If they're going to play else where and let this community die why don't we just demote them and fill their positions with people that will actually be dedicated.

Erica Wittmann - Died after 11 months of OOC development

Sven Smirnoff - Died in large scale shootout with police

Super Admin since Day One
Mahunik
Super Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gremnkai on Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:32 pm

TC was dead before maelstrom came to being.... Just saying.

If you are at peace, you are living in the present
- Lao Tzu

Hello am 48 year man from somalia. Sorry for my bed england. I selled my wife for internet connection for play "legend league" and i want to become the goodest player like you I play with 400 ping on brazil server and i am challenger 2. pls no copy pasterino my story.
Gremnkai
Respected

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo on Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:59 pm

I got together a meeting of our remaining staff last night. Nothing of significance was accomplished. I think a "TC is dead and we can't fix it" mentality is setting in on people. Our userbase already picked up on it and left. Now 2 of our admins have resigned. I don't know the solution, but I know we need to get off our present course, because it's a spiraling nosedive to TC's death.

Civil Protection:
CCA-C18-CmD.08292-Alive-Searching for APEX, hunting down the last surviving City 18 resistance members, and wiping out everyone who gets in his wayMuch has changed since days of old, but nothing changed what his mind holds.
Resistance:
Nick Bradford-Unknown-[STATUS UNKNOWN]

Former Supreme Military Commander of The Crew
Founder of The Event Horizon, that we may rise from the ashes.
General Bravo
Super Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Masey on Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:59 pm

Mahunik wrote:I get on most days for a few hours but the reason we're dying is because of maelstrom, it's already sucked more then 4 members away from us. If they're going to play else where and let this community die why don't we just demote them and fill their positions with people that will actually be dedicated.

Dude, I don't know about you, but... TC has been dead for A LONG, LONG TIME

If you don't think that 4 players WEEKLY means that a server, a community, is dead... I'm just saying, your view is warped.

My point is, TC's dead and it's not Maelstrom's fault.

I'm not saying it cannot be fixed, I'm saying that it's just... dead, at this point.

Enslaved Biotic(s) :
CCA-C18-NXS.005 - Maintaining internal systems MAAANG
Combine(s) :
CCA-C45-CORE-OfC.76011 - Getting shot every few seconds, man.
Anti-citizen(s)/Biotic(s)
Che'Lakr - Freed, holmes.
Franklin "Nomad" Marian - DEAD? - Died in the plaza after falling off of a rooftop?

i dont fuckin know what the fuck
Masey
Respected

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Precinct Helghast on Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:02 pm

Well this is the lore of Nirn. It started with the aedra which is what elfs call "ancestors" The Aedra created Nirn making every species, forming the world, although the aedras were loosing their power by doing this, making them mortal more and more each day. The sun and the stars, were created by the aedras trying to leave, making holes in space to do so. The first aedra to leave made the biggest hole, the sun. Everyone else made smaller ones because their powers were weaker. The Aedras who stayed in Nirn, lost there powers. They became Daedras. The daedras, we're mortal but not entirely, if they died, they would goto Oblivion, although their phyisical state, destroyed their souls weren't. I personally think the stronger aedras that we're made daedras turned into things like Molag Bal, ect.

The point is
Aedras = Admins
Nirn = Server
Daedras = Old admins/retired
Nirn (The playerbase edition) = Power Tesseracts (Draining Admins)

Point is, Aedras if they stay too long on the server, they turn into Daedra which drains them until they call quits. (Only effects admins that have been weakened e.g. loss of character ect.)

TRANSHUMAN ARM - OTA-BLADE-DMR.23811 - Watching, everything.

CITIZEN - Rick Harvard - Back in his old home, C18, hiring for the CETA Cafe.

BIOTIC - Xel'Tul - Freed by The Cameron, working with him to fortify their base.
Precinct Helghast
Obsidian Donator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Burnt Leaf on Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:37 pm

Since when is TC dead? I've been gone for a while because HL2RP got repetitive. Now I am back. The only reaso nwhy I am not on more often is because of Baldur's Gate and the fact that FUCKING SAREVOK IS A SHITHEAD FUUUUUUU!

Phil Brooks - Alive - Moping around and acting all pissed off.
X-Ray/Sano Sithi - Alive - Somewhere
Ryan Reeves - Dead - Failed his mission to find wealth and power by ransoming off Phantom to the CCA
CCA-CORE.02.20078 - Alive - Working on his marksmanship.
Kul'Vask'Kinori'Nuroudo - Alive - Cleaning windows.
Akio Yamamoto - Alive - Sweeping the Plaza streets.
Kenny King - Alive - Still being a minor background character.
Burnt Leaf
Respected

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mahunik on Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:01 pm

General Bravo wrote:I got together a meeting of our remaining staff last night. Nothing of significance was accomplished. I think a "TC is dead and we can't fix it" mentality is setting in on people. Our userbase already picked up on it and left. Now 2 of our admins have resigned. I don't know the solution, but I know we need to get off our present course, because it's a spiraling nosedive to TC's death.

Don't worry about TC dying because it won't. Servers have stages like this, I remember playing on SoTA with 2 other people for close to a month until population started to steadily increase. And on my recent post, I'm not blaming maelstrom for the entire death of the server but a good percentage is to blame. 4 players can in fact make a difference.

Erica Wittmann - Died after 11 months of OOC development

Sven Smirnoff - Died in large scale shootout with police

Super Admin since Day One
Mahunik
Super Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Silver on Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:00 pm

Mahunik wrote:I get on most days for a few hours but the reason we're dying is because of maelstrom, it's already sucked more then 4 members away from us. If they're going to play else where and let this community die why don't we just demote them and fill their positions with people that will actually be dedicated.
You really can't blame it on Maelstrom.

The reason people left, or, at least, why I started playing less, was RP fatigue when we switched to City 08. I've played hundreds of hours of HL2RP, and you get bored of that. The reason I still played on TC, was the amazing character development we had with Lambda and the Enclave. The mapchange made that RP harder and a lot less common. It was standard Civvie RP again, with all the minges included.

Then, a lot of interesting characters got PK'ed. It made sense IC'ly, but for me, it just cut short stories. There was a huge story going on with Stinger. Then.. Stinger vanished, and the story ended with an anti-climax.

So I got bored. I could start doing civvie RP again, but I had done that for hundreds of hours already. That's why people left. People left before Maelstrom came around.

The problems were there before the mapchange. We called it. Population was dwindling, regulars were leaving. I remember numerous suggestions on how to change stuff up. But what happened was, the RP for some regulars got cut short. They left. And no regulars.. Means no players.

TC became a standard HL2RP server that didn't offer a lot of special things. People were starting to get bored already.. This just completed it. There was no epic scavenger hunt with Combine spies, like we suggested at one time. No, we were back at standard HL2RP that just felt shallow and old. Some regulars got bored, left, and the influx of new players stopped as well.

That's why I got involved with creating Maelstrom. I was bored of TC, and I didn't saw it changing anytime soon. All the players of TC who joined Maelstrom and actively play there already stopped playing on TC before joining. Maelstrom didn't suck up any players, no, people who were bored of TC came to Maelstrom after they left. Maelstrom became popular long after TC's population dwindled.

TC made a decision. Do they want to offer high quality, character-development driven roleplay, like we were doing in the C45 slums? Or do they want to offer swallow, standard HL2RP? TC recently picked the swallow HL2RP. Player's who are bored of that aren't going to force themselves to play that, just because they like the server. You need to give people a reason to play. Players are not obligated to play. If they don't like the RP, they leave.

Don't blame me and Maelstrom. I've helped TC out with coding, loads of suggestions, and even calling this player loss before it happened. I've offered my help numerous times, but my help was turned down most of the time.

I helped create a server that offers me the RP I'm looking for. If TC would've still offered that RP, I probably would have never get involved. In my eyes, it was, TC chose swallow HL2RP. That doesn't interest me, so I'll help out those guys who are doing the opposite thing.

I always tried to keep Maelstrom as far away from TC as possible. I've never-ever messaged TC people to say, "Hey, come to my server!". No, Maelstrom's playerbase consists of barely any ex-TC players. Most people came from somewhere else.

This population low is not Maelstrom's fault, it's TC's fault.

Characters:
Stacey "Athena" Jadehood - Alive - A resistance medic with psychological problems.
Jill Farkas - Alive - Bright, hopeful and artistic.
CCA-C45-CORE-06.96773 - Alive - A relatively new CCA. Obsessed with punishing offenders.
Kyle Anderson - Dead - Scavenging in City 18 became his death.
Silver
Technical Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gremnkai on Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:02 pm

Well said Silver.. Well said.

If you are at peace, you are living in the present
- Lao Tzu

Hello am 48 year man from somalia. Sorry for my bed england. I selled my wife for internet connection for play "legend league" and i want to become the goodest player like you I play with 400 ping on brazil server and i am challenger 2. pls no copy pasterino my story.
Gremnkai
Respected

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz on Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:56 am

The answer to this question Is: Probably Not.
Why?:Losing admins, Lack of server activeness.
[other things I could say but then peeps would totally flame me.]
NOTICE:::The content in this post is random and half-assed due to drowsiness
------------------------------------------------------------------------
ANYWAY
The main reason I think people are leaving, and I suspect It's something that sometimes or does linger In the back of some of your minds. Is simply because the some of the colossal towers of experience that are the most developed characters the arsenal of characters that some of our most experienced, best and most respected have at their disposal, have been. Permanently killed.
I can list names but then someone might pull the "this person is a dick" card on me.
The reason why I believe this is because it seems that when a user has a character that is most valuable to them, and the most attached to killed. They simply go"....I'm done." Either temporarily or even permanently.
I can relate this to a save game file or maybe even a Pokemon Game. Lets say that you've worked on getting all these pokemans trained, hard work with EV training. Breeding them so that they get specific traits and personalities that will boost they're stats to the one you want, going around and killing wild 'mons and eventually getting the shiny or pokerus virus, and are in the process of beating some sort of feature in the game, (an example of this for me would be the PWT in the 5th generation sequel game, goddamn it's fucking HARD) and then all of a sudden. It's gone...it isn't recoverable, it isn't replaceable, possibly half a year or an entire year of work that you've dilligently worked to get, put in so much effort, tears, emotions (mostly rage) and time into it so that you could achieve it all. All gone. So then you simply try to restart? Maybe you've gone and rebuilt some of that previously achieved greatness, but then you've just remembered that there's this titanium metal door of difficulty that you need to overcome.
There's no way around it and it's blocking the only path that will allow access to the rest of what you've earned before. So what do you do? You give the fuck up and stick it in the drawer, or toss it onto a shelf where it begins to collect dust for who knows how long.
TL;DR
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
(People that leave when their characters die leave because it's really fucking hard to get to that point again and don't want to bother with other kinds of rp or developing any other characters that they have)
TL;DR TL;DR
Spoiler:
(getting a rebel/ getting high CCA rank is hard)
HL2RP IS BORING
Well, it is. I think I've made a post on this before. I believe it was why HL2RP was all restrictive and shit.
Being a civvie is fun, but after a while it gets as boring as shit and then if you can't go rebel then you end up getting bored with the gamemode and then leave.
Being a CCA could be fun but everyone most people have the mentality that the only rp development for a CCA is climbing the rank ladder. As a result most people with the CCA whitelist just walk around and beat the shit out of citizens, shoot at citizens/rebels, point guns at people/rebels, execute people/rebels etc.... I haven't seen many CCA do more than just this. and if they do it's not nearly shown as often.
I actually suggested my CCA patrol partner Idea as a way to have colorful characters within the CCA, from being "stick up the fucking ass" people who have major boners for the combine and the higher rankings in it. To silly, hilarious and funny as hell buddy cops who make hilarious slip-ups, smart-ass remarks, and maybe some sort of character who is like This guy WARNING !!!NSFW!!! (some images in the page are questionable, but they are there to emphasize or exaggerate a point)
Or maybe the CCA could be someone who is quiet and withdrawn from others, maybe tormented by what he has seen and done a cliche faggot.
Being a rebel is where all the good rp always happens at.
Problem is, most of the time, if you don't have +15 points or aren't trusted enough, you end up getting killed or kicked out of D6 If you try to join or help out the rebels, and even then the result is normally the same if your even found in there. And even with +15 or being trusted, you still might end up getting kicked out or killed.

In short: Getting to the juicy and sexy RP in TC's HL2RP is like trying to keep the kids after your wife finds out you fucked a woman that's alot more hotter and much less bitchy then her/ opening a coconut by beating it with the flat side of a fist sized rock.
Moose-hater's gone to Maelstrom, and left [HL2 EP content required for the TLOURP Map and he couldn't really get said content]
Raging hormones is another.
MASHTOURBAYSHUN EEZ GOUUUUED
Pacific Rimjob
MOHVEEZ
A job
A car
Having a life
Having a girlfriend
Having a hard time
Getting Laid
Not being able to play on the Server
BANNED
DEAD
Various other things.

HL2RP for me is boring and meh.
Some community members kinda make me not want to be here, but thats only 5% of why I'm pretty much on the server almost once a week for less than 2 hours.
50% of why i'm not normally on is because I'm addicted to playing MechWarrior: Online and Prototype 2
15% is because I'm currently stuck at my grand's house, with only my xbox, DS, and a MAC computer, for 1 week while my parents and soon-to-be step mom figure out whether or not to stay in mexico for a wedding n shit. [someone clap for me] another 10% is because I'm bored.
the other 20% Is me being abnormally sleepy recently.
Please don't hurt me and g'night.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum