The Crew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hello World.
Just Another Possum Idea. EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:06 pm by DIABLO258

» God damn, 10 whole years.
Just Another Possum Idea. EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:02 pm by DIABLO258

» Citizen, Apply.
Just Another Possum Idea. EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 1:52 am by DIABLO258

» These LONG years.
Just Another Possum Idea. EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 12:44 am by DIABLO258

» You know what?
Just Another Possum Idea. EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 3:39 am by Cergis

» I won't leave you
Just Another Possum Idea. EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 5:03 pm by Lt.FallenAngel

» reminiscing of old times
Just Another Possum Idea. EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 12:22 am by Gremnkai

» I wonder if
Just Another Possum Idea. EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 9:58 pm by Gremnkai

» Good Memories.
Just Another Possum Idea. EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 2:04 pm by General Bravo

» can't actually reply to anything
Just Another Possum Idea. EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 6:46 pm by Moose_hater

Just Another Possum Idea.

3 posters

Go down

Do You Like the Shiz?

Just Another Possum Idea. Vote_b2057%Just Another Possum Idea. Vote_b19 57% 
[ 4 ]
Just Another Possum Idea. Vote_b2043%Just Another Possum Idea. Vote_b19 43% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 7

Poll closed

Just Another Possum Idea. Empty Just Another Possum Idea.

Post  Unknown Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:50 pm

Okay so I was having a conversation with Diablo about CS:S weapons and who should be allowed to use them and stuff, here is how it goes:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
8:06 PM - //ƉαгκҎѻϩϩᴜӎ\\: Hey.
8:07 PM - DIABLO258: hey
8:10 PM - //ƉαгκҎѻϩϩᴜӎ\\: I know we don’t have CS:S guns anymore 'cause they caused tons of problems. But if we find a new addon like the one I posted, or Holler's I was wondering the rules of generally who could use them. Because I think letting ONLY Ghost's and really special rebels use them is a little lame. Certain divisions of the CCA should be allowed to have them too. Or possibly riot control OTA (I forget what they are called) could use LMG's to supress crowds and stuff. And maybe certain CORE units get upgraded shotguns for breaching/room clearing. And maybe NOVA units could have M16's or something if they worked on making them IC and stuff. (Like making a project where you made 9mm pulse rounds or some shit, idk.). But I just think it would be cooler if more peole could have access to them.
8:11 PM - DIABLO258: If you wanna round up some people and discuss rules, then run them by me ide love to help you with that. I feel like you guys would know best
8:12 PM - //ƉαгκҎѻϩϩᴜӎ\\: Kay.
8:12 PM - //ƉαгκҎѻϩϩᴜӎ\\: I will talk to some other peeps and round up common agreements on things.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now I’m interviewing Bravo or w/e you want to call what you are about to read:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7:20 PM - //ƉαгκҎѻϩϩᴜӎ\\: Hey.
7:20 PM - General Bravo: piss
7:20 PM - //ƉαгκҎѻϩϩᴜӎ\\: Copy that.
7:21 PM - //ƉαгκҎѻϩϩᴜӎ\\: But really, I need to talk.
7:21 PM - General Bravo: Now, see, as you grow up, your body undergoes...changes.
7:21 PM - General Bravo: That's part of becoming an adult.
7:21 PM - //ƉαгκҎѻϩϩᴜӎ\\: I had a proposition about CS:S weapons and stuff and Diablo told me to talk to other people and shiz about my thin- Wait wut... No I undersyand that.
7:22 PM - General Bravo: What was it? I thought everyone agreed on whether or not they should be added.
7:24 PM - //ƉαгκҎѻϩϩᴜӎ\\: Yes, but I had an idea of who should be allowed to use them. Instead of just letting super mega awesome CCA and rebels with special needs use them there should be more people using them. For example: Riot control OTA could use an LMG to supress crowds and riots. King's could use M16 for tactical shit becuase they are super OTA, certain CORE units could use upgraded shotguns for room clearing and NOVA's could get high tech guns for working on and stuff. Bcuz P90 is soooooo high tech. (ICly they would be, idk.)
7:25 PM - General Bravo: As far as tactical tech advancement goes, AR2>>>>>>>>>M16
7:26 PM - General Bravo: but the general idea makes sense
7:26 PM - //ƉαгκҎѻϩϩᴜӎ\\: ICly there would be M16 with pulse rounds or something.
7:26 PM - General Bravo: And obviously webuls will find old abandoned, half broken weapons around and fix them up
7:26 PM - General Bravo: And no, there wouldn't be, cause the UU have AR2
7:26 PM - //ƉαгκҎѻϩϩᴜӎ\\: I guess.
7:27 PM - //ƉαгκҎѻϩϩᴜӎ\\: I need an agree or disagree, do you like the idea?
7:27 PM - //ƉαгκҎѻϩϩᴜӎ\\: And do you wish to stay anonymous with your response when this goes to the forums? (They will know who you are anyway; nobody opens a conversation with "Piss")
7:28 PM - General Bravo: This aint a court case
7:28 PM - General Bravo: Why the piss would I stay anonymous
7:28 PM - General Bravo: and not forgive
7:28 PM - General Bravo: and not forget
7:28 PM - General Bravo: and have you expect me?
7:28 PM - //ƉαгκҎѻϩϩᴜӎ\\: IDK
7:28 PM - //ƉαгκҎѻϩϩᴜӎ\\: AGREE OR DISAGREE?
7:29 PM - General Bravo: YEE
7:29 PM - //ƉαгκҎѻϩϩᴜӎ\\: YEE?
7:29 PM - //ƉαгκҎѻϩϩᴜӎ\\: YEEEEE?
7:29 PM - General Bravo: YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
7:29 PM - //ƉαгκҎѻϩϩᴜӎ\\: YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
7:29 PM - //ƉαгκҎѻϩϩᴜӎ\\: YEE = AGREE?
7:29 PM - General Bravo: YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
7:29 PM - General Bravo: (hidden message)
7:31 PM - //ƉαгκҎѻϩϩᴜӎ\\: Okey, good. Thank you for your time in participating in this interview, now gtfo.
---------------------------------
Here is an interview with Joe.
---------------------------------
7:33 PM - //ƉαгκҎѻϩϩᴜӎ\\: Hey.
7:33 PM - Joe: Hey
7:34 PM - //ƉαгκҎѻϩϩᴜӎ\\: I was wondering if I could take a moment of your time to interview you about something beneficial to both parties of this current conversation. This conversation will be recorded and placed on the forums of The Crew, whether or not you wish to stay anonymous is your choice.
7:34 PM - //ƉαгκҎѻϩϩᴜӎ\\: Wow...
7:35 PM - //ƉαгκҎѻϩϩᴜӎ\\: I should become a lawyer...
7:35 PM - Joe: Haha
7:35 PM - Joe: What is your question?
7:38 PM - Joe is now playing Garry's Mod. Click here to join.
7:38 PM - //ƉαгκҎѻϩϩᴜӎ\\: I had an idea of who should be allowed to use the CS:S guns and stuff, since we are getting them back soon thanks to Silver. I was thinking that instead of really mentally special rebels and sexy CCA being able to use them we could possibly... I dunno give riot control OTA LMG's for suppressing crowds, give certain CORE units upgraded shotguns for room clearing and close courters sweeps, give King's and M16 or something for its silencable and maneuverable capabilities unlike the AR2.
7:38 PM - //ƉαгκҎѻϩϩᴜӎ\\: Just tell me what you think.
7:39 PM - //ƉαгκҎѻϩϩᴜӎ\\: We could always do something 'similar' once the entire community comes to an agreement.
7:40 PM - Joe: I like this idea, I wouldn't mind seeing it
7:41 PM - //ƉαгκҎѻϩϩᴜӎ\\: Thanks.
---------------------------------------
Here is an interview with @Masey.
---------------------------------------
7:39 PM - //ƉαгκҎѻϩϩᴜӎ\\: Hey.
7:39 PM - @Masey: Ohai dawg
7:39 PM - @Masey: how u be doin
7:40 PM - //ƉαгκҎѻϩϩᴜӎ\\: Good.
7:40 PM - @Masey: ur a feg
7:40 PM - //ƉαгκҎѻϩϩᴜӎ\\: I was wondering if I could ask you somethin- Okey...
7:40 PM - @Masey: jkjk
7:40 PM - //ƉαгκҎѻϩϩᴜӎ\\: I was wondering if I could ask you something and put your answer(s) on the forums.
7:40 PM - @Masey: What're you going to ask?
7:40 PM - @Masey: Sure...
7:40 PM - @Masey: Go on..
7:40 PM - //ƉαгκҎѻϩϩᴜӎ\\: I had an idea of who should be allowed to use the CS:S guns and stuff, since we are getting them back soon thanks to Silver. I was thinking that instead of really mentally special rebels and sexy CCA being able to use them we could possibly... I dunno give riot control OTA LMG's for suppressing crowds, give certain CORE units upgraded shotguns for room clearing and close courters sweeps, give King's and M16 or something for its silencable and maneuverable capabilities unlike the AR2.
7:40 PM - //ƉαгκҎѻϩϩᴜӎ\\: Tell me what you think.
7:41 PM - //ƉαгκҎѻϩϩᴜӎ\\: I have been interviewing a ton of peeps so I just copy and paste this.
7:41 PM - @Masey: i don't fuckin' know what the fuck
7:41 PM - @Masey: It'll probably all play out the same way you've listed your statement, there, mang.
7:42 PM - @Masey: mang mangmangnagrhsfygmh
7:42 PM - //ƉαгκҎѻϩϩᴜӎ\\: When we had CS:S guns before they borked the first time it was only SA's that had them and nobody else. Or at least that's what I saw.
7:43 PM - @Masey: Well, it's not going to be JUST the SAs because Silverdisc is swag enough to code-in the guns.
7:43 PM - @Masey: It was originally just a test, basically.
7:43 PM - @Masey: Now they can come in shipments, and... Like, there'll be different damage values and such.
7:44 PM - @Masey: They were never really in, to tell you the truth
7:44 PM - //ƉαгκҎѻϩϩᴜӎ\\: Kk, thanks for your time.

This is all the interviews I am going to do for now, but I was just wondering what you guys would think about my idea and it seems most people like it so yay me.
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Just Another Possum Idea. Empty Re: Just Another Possum Idea.

Post  [Redacted] Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:08 pm

I think that all of the CSS weapons will just play out, we will develop our own rules for them. Before they were just like a test to see how diverse we could be with rp. Like you have gangs with AK's etc. Rebels would be able to find weapons/get them through shipments and other shit like that. CCA like ghosts would be able to use silenced weapons and snipers.

But I do like what you are saying and it is very valid, CSS should never be admin only kind of thing and since silver was pimp enough to code them in we can implement them to CCA and rebels and such properly.

For example, damage can be changed now for different purposes. For example, We no longer just have one shotgun, there are multiple ones, we could have different damages.

CCA units should choose their preferred weapons and train with them maybe.

I do like the idea of OTA and crowd control.

Lower ranked units until the rank of 03 should stick with the same guns.

Once you reach 03+ you get access to new Smg's and such. (No silenced unless in the GHOST division)

Once you reach 02+ you get access to a selection Assault rifles and just the Spas 12 from HL2. (Once again, no silenced weapons unless in GHOST)

Once you reach 01+ you get access to more Assault rifles and also more shotguns besides the traditional hl2 spas 12.

We could make unit rank specific weapon crates so that people KNOW what they can and cannot use.

IDK what do you guys think, build on my idea. I like where possum is going with this though.

One of the most outstanding questions though is, would the CCA utilize military weapons like this?
[Redacted]
[Redacted]
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Noobstrike Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:53 am

Im sort of meh on this.

The CCA made it a global standard to not use pre-war assault weapons in our canon a long time ago. They could bring back memories, spark rebellion, and with such a variety of weapons in the world, it would make them disorganized. If you haven't noticed, all of the weapons the CCA use have been modified by the combine. Modified to meet their standars, because pre-war weapons were obsolete. (Maybe not oocly because cs:s guns are OP as hell)

mp7- Ammo clip and grenade launcher modification.
9mm- MACH-attachment. Not 100% sure what this is, but its a modification to make the gun weigh slightly more I beleive and result in better accurary and precision.
Ar2- That was built by the combine...
Spas12- Double shot capabilities. Normally only possible in the elmar fudd old fashioned gun, the combine took the liberty of doing that to a modernized weapon.
RPG- Um. Pretty certain thats something the combine tinkered with and produced. How else would laser designated RPG's be laying everywhere in hl2. We werent using the wooden and brown allau-akbar ones.

The .357 and the crossbow weren't used by the combine. Crossbow is resistance made, and the .357 you never see on combine NPC's. Why we use the .357 in TC...well...high command need something shiny at their side that makes a big boom to look cool.

Having fewer weapons puts a sense of equality over the whole CCA force, keeps weapons much more organized, and makes ammo distrubution and production much more similar. No need to worry about 8000 variations of ammunition.

Now that we have a ghost sniper, I don't see the need for CCA to use CS:S snipers either.

The only cs gun that would make sense for the cca to use is the usp-t. Silenceable.

SO while it may be "cool" to have a different gun every time you flag up, it just doesn't make sense to me. Hasn't ever made sense, probably never will. People will whine and complain about who has a cooller gun, can easily be disorganized, the rebels will have nothing of their own (ex- crossbow is a signature weapon. CCA get AWP? there goes that.) and low ranks will be walking around with 8 different pistols to go loose somewhere.
Sorry Im an old man. traditionsssss
Noobstrike
Noobstrike
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down